What got you into Dc?

It was Superman for me. It started with Christopher Reeve & the 1st film, later on it was Lois & Clark the tv series, and then of course Bruce Timms Batman & Superman animated series. Superman issue #123 is what got me started in collecting the comics, and with the help of Wizard Magazine, I got all the info I needed to learn more about comic books. I’ve been a fan ever since. I eventually got a job working at a comic book store, then I started my own store, gave it up for personal reasons, then got a job at CBCS Comics & learned how to grade comics. Left the job & now I’m in pursuit of starting my comic book business again. I love it, and I also hope one day to be a comic book writer as good as Mark Millar or Geoff Johns, that’s my dream, and my other dream is to work for DC Comics, or even DC Universe. It’s my passion.

2 Likes

Super friends

1 Like

I got into it when Doctor Who was on a year long hiatus. I had nothing to do, so I reignited my old Superman fetish. I grew out of Superman because he was too much of a Boy Scout and began leaning more toward Batman. Then I grew out of Batman because he was such a buzzkill and began leaning toward The Joker. The rest is history.

1 Like

My DC love started with the Arkham games.

1 Like

When I first found out about DC comics
Was lego batman 3, then I found out about the Arkham games and after that it took off from there. I love DC comics and i’m so greatful that I have a whole community of dc fans

2 Likes

Adam West, Lynda Carter and Christopher Reeve

1 Like

I loved Super Friends and Super Powers as a kid, then really started collecting comics after getting the Mayfair DC Heroes rpg

1 Like

Growing up with Justice League, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Teen Titans. The Dark Knight played a big part too. I’ve always loved superheroes and as I grew up I realized I particularly love DC more than the other company. Better storytelling and deeper characters I can enjoy.

1 Like

Morrison’s JLA!

1 Like

Batman TAS

1 Like

WW on super friends. Every Saturday.

Justice League/Unlimited

1 Like

Superman: The Movie (1978) and Super Friends

1 Like

I had gotten in to dc by growing up watching batman the animated series and soon after started watching the movies qhitch made me curious about the characters and read the comics and ever since ive been a dc fan

1 Like

Which

Man Of Steel

3 Likes

Batman ‘66 was my introduction (as a kid in the 80s). Been a big fan of Batman and Superman, both, for about as long as I remember.

1 Like

For me it was the old Super Friends cartoon when I was a little kid. Then the 1989 Batman movie led me to going to a comic shop for the first time (The Literary Shop, in Hoboken, NJ) And I bought my first Batman comics. 1 Batman and 1 Detective Comics. The Batman issue was the 1st part of the Year 3 storyline. And the Detective Comics was the 1st of the 2 part Ode to a Penguin. Was hooked from the moment.

My parents and older sister spoiling me with the TV so I got to see TT and JLU nonstop

1 Like

The Max Fleischer Superman cartoons

3 Likes