What does everyone think of "Swamp Thing: Absolute Binge Edition"?

Not exactly sure if what you mean by binge edition is just watching it after all episodes have been released, but I’m now just catching up and watching it. It’s really good and it is really sad it was cancelled. I’m really not sure why. I guess, from what I recall, it got too expensive or something, but still. Think there’s more to it. They must have figured it would be great as a movie and ended it for that reason or something? idk… it’s so good so far.

Hi @thelyght4. We’re referring to a binge watch edition you can find on the site literally called Swamp Thing Binge Watch Edition. In between the regular episodes are all the interviews and discussions from DC Daily that you may have missed along the way. They have one for the first season of Titans,as well, and both are pretty cool.

I think the show was good I wish they would come out with a season two

I loved it, It was very dark. I wished they didn’t cancel it, or at lease give it a chance. I read a source that said it was cancelled during the pilot episode (nothing to do with ratings). Which really annoys me because it seemed like a solid concept that could be built into a true horror hero story. But yet here we are with another season of Legends of Tomorrow where I still don’t know what the hell is going on… WTH are they doing at WB?

It wasn’t cancelled because they didn’t like the content, it was cancelled because it cost too much to produce.

They why make a show that cant afford? Why play with my emotions like that… those soulless B@#$%!S

1 Like

Special effects are cool. I am only on episode 5, and can’t wait to see Blue Devil. I also hope that DC Universe can do a Justice League Dark spin off. We will see how this show goes. Hope they don’t turn it into soap opra like they did Titans.

Bring swamp thing back. Its too early to cut content. Especially content your viewers like.

1 Like

I think their reasoning was a potential draw of new subscribers. It got a ton of press and the reviews were great, but it was a financial bust. At least you have this season.

The big portion of that blame goes to the production company. They were given a budget of $80 million to produce 13 episodes. That got cut to 10 because they weren’t gonna allow the show to go over budget and at $8million an episode the extra 3 would have been a $20+ million more.

The biggest thing that hurt and also was a main reason for it’s cancellation was it was not picked up for international distribution. It was finally picked up by Amazon.co.uk 4 months after the run was over. International distribution matters. We wouldn’t be getting Doom Patrol season 2 if HBO hasn’t picked it up and HBO is an international service.

With that said, the binge watch editions (Titans & ST) are great. I live the extra content and really support the unfolding of the show.

I certainly hope we don’t have to wait on binge editions of YJ, DP, HQ, or Stargirl until the second season is just about to launch.

This movie is awesome, everything about it is flawless. It sucks it has to sit in a dc platform only stream, slow an loads over an over it’s not great in graphics at all for what it should have been. I personally don’t believe dc deserves swamp-thing not enough stuff for the money they are asking,I’m on trail only because it’s weak, this needs to be seen by millions not hundreds. The look of that swamp was so creepy but amazingly thrilling, very strong emotions in all the character being acted, it was on point. They all deserve a 2nd season an the last few episodes missed out of in season one. Was feeling like a bumpy road to revealing swamp-thing season one but as I seen, leaves you just wondering about that season two!!! Amazing I just can’t tell you how awesome everything was it’s the best tv show I have ever seen. 100% I only bought this trial to see this an it was so laggy I’m just broken on a stream server booo who ever thought of that. I’m looking forward to seeing the seasons coming I just have so many ideas how season 2 should start omg I love this freaking tv show I’m just blown away an I literally need more. You can’t make an addiction an just take it away I NEED MORE, please

1 Like

this is currently my favorite show! Way to go DC!!

So i just saw that swamp thing got cancelled. Boooo!!! I just started watching this show. Maybe dc can now team up with netflix to bring back this show? I started watching arrow when it was already on netflix. Got hooked after that. Same goes with prison break and walking dead. Give it time for people to catch up! Bring this show back please! Season 2 with Constantine!!