What does DC mean to you?

DC means the world to me. I had a pretty hard journey growing up not going to get to into it cuz everyone has a past right. But when ever things got rough I would just escape to the streets of Gotham to drown everything else out weather it be the animated series or the movies or later on when I discovered the sacred texts that the rest of the world calls comics but Batman and Gotham was always there no matter what. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa growing up being the son of a single mother who had to work a lot and I still remember the day that he showed me the 66 Batman and wow it was over so many happy memories that we got to share watching that show that I now get to share with my daughter so it’s almost like coming full circle. Batman now is intertwined with every part of my life from work to home life and everything in between and I just have to give a huge thank you to everyone at DC for making this all possible and please keep up the amazing work. I mean if some one told me when I was a kid you could have the DC universe in your pocket id tell them to get the hell out of here lmao I mean that’s pretty cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mean a whole lot. Been part of my life since I was 3 or 4yo!

4 Likes

Superman and Batman were an enduring inspiration growing up. They taught me to strive to maintain a strong moral compass. I knew of Batman from the '66 series, but Batman the animated series was what gripped me and made me take notice. I’ll never forget watching the opening with him facing the bank robbers on the rooftop. It’s seared into my brain. Christopher Reeves and Tom Welling helped me to pull through tough times, making me want to be a better person. I found that I had something deeper within to see me through because of them. Then along came Batman Begins and the impact that that had as I was transitioning from teenager to adulthood. All these series and movies were gateways to comics that kept me coming back again and again with an ever-growing collection. It started a lifelong obsession and the characters of DC have been with me every step of the way.

2 Likes

Disappointing Collection

That’s all it means to you? Lol wow

2 Likes

Can words convey what DC means to me? Hmmm. I’ll give it a try.

To me…The DC Universe in all it’s mediums/platforms is an everlasting wellspring of tremendous action, adventure, drama, heroism, laughter, love, and so much more. I’ve been a DC fan for nearly thirty years. From First Grade to Adult Life, DC’s been there, every step of the way. DC is without a doubt my absolute favorite entertainment brand, bar none. I’m a fan of other things, but DC is #1 by a longshot.

They may stumble as we all do, but they always rocket back to form as surely and triumphantly as Superman soars through the skies of Metropolis and beyond.

In short, I really love DC. They’re Dynamicly Compelling!

5 Likes

Everything.

2 Likes

DC to me…Being a kid again!! I remember tying mom’s towels around our neck and pretending to fly like our Super Friends! No one could stop us and no one could hurt us. My brothers and I were expert LARPers before it was a thing!! I really miss those days!

2 Likes

To me DC means Detective Comics. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@malyssa.13295, I did the same! It’s just part of the fun and experience.

2 Likes

DC has been a huge part of my life since Superfriends. It has provided years of entertainment across multiple platforms. DC will always be a huge part of my life. And now one if my greatest Joys in this world is sharing that love with my kids.

DC means alot to me, They have great superheroes, talented writers, artists and they are so nice. I do enjoy the movies and TV shows. It makes me sad when people say bad things about them and talk negative stuff about them. They are trying their best to make this streaming service a great place for the fans. If you ask them nicely for help, they’ll be happy to help. Please STOP with the negative and bad comments about them!

1 Like

“Can you add batman to it to make it better?”

It’s a way for my daughter and I to connect and escape into an exciting universe. Been reading with her since she was a baby and she’s 8 now. Really developed her own tastes but they are pretty similar to mine luckily! I don’t mind reading titles I otherwise wouldn’t have and am thankful I did with her. I hope we never stop reading together.

6 Likes

DC means a lot to me. It’s been a part of my life for my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are of DC. In just one week I’d watch Batman (& Batgirl) 66 after school, Wednesday nights were Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter). Then There was Saturday mornings (Superfriends, Shazam/Isis, Batman(and Tarzan) Adventure Hour, Plastic Man Comedy Show). Sunday afternoon had (George Reeves) Adventures of Superman.and yes I was in the movie theater to see Superman (Christopher Reeve) on the big Screen (Supergirl too). And besides monthly trips to my local comic shop, I got my mom to pay for subscriptions (DC only) for Justice League, Wonder Woman, Superman and DC Comics Presents. And my parents would drive my to the local little comic con at the Holiday Inn, give me money and sit in the car until I was ready to come out with a big smile and a handful of back issues. DC really was part of my family, my upbringing and is tied to my dna. I subscribed early to DC Universe and though I criticize its lack of content it’s only because the idea of having this universe at my fingertips is something my 8 year old self could only dream of.

3 Likes

Yes I agree with you 100%. Comics capture that magic of being a kid. It’s especially exciting that I can experience it with my daughter. Some of the most out there comics are the most fun! Looney tunes crossovers for example!

2 Likes

It means everything to me. I’ve had kidney disease the past few years and don’t get out much, due to all the surgeries and catheters. I can lose myself into the different worlds of Gotham and Metropolis.

3 Likes