What does Batman mean to you?

Your life was that bad? Well I’m glad something helped and continue to be good because of that inspiration. Comics and their characters can be so much more than that.

I’ve shaped most of my life around Bruce Wayne/Batman in inspiration and some may find that silly but to me it’s been rewarding and makes me feel good.

I can be a raging jerk sometimes and I’d say that’s my Wolverine side but I like to think I’ve become a good person because of the bat despite some rough around the edges

2 Likes

@TX85 I was young and going through a really bad break up amongst other things. So yeah, it was a lil rough.

2 Likes

Anybody celebrating Batman tomorrow?

3 Likes

I am :slight_smile:

I’ll try to be here to spend some time with you guys!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!
Come catch The Dark Knight with me tomorrow evening! :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy 80 years of Batman!

3 Likes

Happy 80th Batman you mean hope to me. I’m a I’m a disabled 46 year old man and you bring hope to me to keep fighting for a new day.

3 Likes

I always thought his legacy gives Bill Finger an important and immortal part of comic book history. I rank Batman number one (in terms of popularity).

1 Like

Took a long time but so glad Bill Finger is finally being credited next to Bob Kane. Was robbed until his death but now lives on with Batman’s legacy in a bigger way as deserved. Justice!

2 Likes

Batman is not only my favorite D.C hero but honestly an overall inspiration. He’s literally a man who goes out and fights gods and monsters and demons and any ordinary villain. No powers. Only his wit, engenuity, and a billion batarangs. :sunglasses: His over all resolve to complete the mission no matter the cause has been and always will be one of my main drives in life

2 Likes

lol @ “a billion batarangs”

I totally feel you, @dillonob414.15035.
And I love this thread.

#LongLiveTheBat :bat:

He’s what got me into the world of DC! I first saw him in the show The Batman. That’s where I met all they amazing characters for the first time.

Let’s see, the first thing I remember about Batman was Superfriends and the “Super Powers” line from Kenner. At the time, I was way more into Masters of the Universe., with Superman as a close second I was probably around 3 or 4. When I started learning to read, my dad would let me read his comics with him helping me with the larger words. We started with “Death in the Family”. I quickly became a comic book fan.
Soon after, Dad brought home a Fangoria magazine with Micheal Keaton in the Batsuit in front of the Batmobile and my Batmania set in. He would share every bit of info he got and my hype just kept building, and building
The premiere was a pretty huge event for my family and our friends with 13 of us going in mass to the biggest screen at the time, the Cinecapri. Everyone loved it. It blew my mind, me and my friend Beau became Batmaniacs that needed everything adorned with a Bat emblem. We needed the cereal, we needed enough proofs of purchase for the mail-in mini-series (still got em too), the Topps trading cards, the Toy Biz versions, the Kenner versions, I mean everything. We were Batman and Joker that Halloween. I saw it like 7 times in the theater. I joined a tae-kwon do class because I wanted to become a martial artist, like Batman!
Batman Returns was basically a repeat experience, in the best way mind you. I loved it and still do.
So for me, Batman is a character that my Father and I bonded over, and created my love of art and taught me the power of fiction and storytelling.

Batman in Superfriends and the re-runs of the 60’s TV show was my gateway to the character and eventually DC Comics comic books. As is stated above, he is a man who can keep up with the gods. Bruce developed his mind and body into the best example of what can be achieved. His wealth certainly does not hurt but it is a man on a mission to try and make sure what happened to him never happens to anyone. All the while saying he never needed anyone to then surrounding himself with an entire family. He is Batman!