What do you think has been the Best Mini-Series in comics?

Zero Hour, Crises of Infinite Earth’s, Marvel’s, Kingdom Come, The Death of Daredevil, The Great Darkness Rising? There have been so !any incredible “events,” but my fav is Kingdom Come. What do you say?

2 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of Superman: Secret Identity

1 Like

JLA/Avengers, by Kurt Busiek and George Pérez. The culmination of generations of superhero comic storytelling. Pity it will never be reprinted or digitized in any format. Dig it up if you can at your local library.

6 Likes

Hmmm… See, I’d like to say All-Star Superman, or Mister Miracle, or Nextwave or something. The problem is that, while they all ran twelve issues, and were always planned to run twelve issues, they weren’t serialized, officially, with any markings signifying a mini- or maxi-series, so they don’t technically count. As a result, I’m going to give the nod to Darwyn Cooke’s The New Frontier. A gorgeous period piece. I love it so much I went out of my way to get the original 2006 print of the Absolute Edition. Really beautiful stuff. Darwyn, rest in peace.

5 Likes

Ooh, JLA/Avengers was delightful as well…

3 Likes
  1. Batman: Year One
  2. Daredevil: Born Again
  3. Watchmen
  4. Kingdom Come
  5. Man of Steel (John Byrne)
  6. Crisis on On Infinite Earths
  7. The Infinity War
  8. JLA/AVENGERS
  9. Superman Red Son
  10. Green Lantern:Rebirth
    I love all these epic stories, but nothing–NOTHING–comes close to the first two on my list. Batman: Year One and Daredevil: Born Again are–in my humble opinion–the two greatest comic book stories of all-time!
2 Likes

DC New Frontier, if only for this page

Which says we are all in this together.

7 Likes

The New Frontier is a great one. It’s got to be either that or Crisis on Infinite Earths for me.

1 Like

I still make returns to Batman Incorporated. I had fun with it. And it seemed like Morrison and Burnham did as well.

1 Like

Justice by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross.

3 Likes

The only thing I remember about Justice was that Alex Ross (or was it Krueger?) once described it as “Legion of Doom versus Super Friends… TO THE DEATH!” and that just being the funniest thing in the world. I should revisit it at some point, I remember enjoying it…

1 Like

I mean, he’s not wrong lol. It’s very much an old-school, Silver Age “good guys vs bad guys”-type story, just blown up to the Nth degree and involving darn near EVERYONE in the DCU, with Ross at the peak of his abilities artwise.

1 Like