What do you think about first appearance batman?

Personally I think it looks rad

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of the “first appearance” look for Batman. There are a lot of things that come into play with that outfit that really make it stand out, like the shape of the cowl and the purple gloves. I also feel like the chest emblem is a lot more subtle in his first appearance, whereas these days the symbol is much more of a focal point on the outfit.

3 Likes

I like it as a historical artifact and a prototype for more modern looks, but I think the blue-and-grey with yellow oval look (particularly as drawn by Neal Adams and Jim Aparo starting in the Bronze Age) is really a much more aesthetically well-composed costume. On the first appearance suit, the purple gloves and yellow belt stand awkwardly out from the otherwise dark palette, so your attention is drawn to his hands and waist rather than chest and head, which is generally where you want the reader to look.

4 Likes

@JeepersItsTheJamags : The blue and grey, with yellow oval, as depicted by Adams and Aparo was THE Batman’s all-time best look.

3 Likes

:heart: 1st app.

1 Like

I love you all