What do you miss the most?

The DC Universe has gone through quite a number of reboots and retcons over the years of varying scales and sizes. If you’ve been reading for a while, there’s going to be a few concepts or characters you’re particularly fond of which can no longer be found in the modern comic landscape. If you had to choose, which former part of the DCU do you miss the most?

For me, it’s Oracle.

5 Likes

Well, I’d say Oracle, but now that feels redundant.

So I guess I’ll go with Wally West’s family. And, like, general characterization.

3 Likes

Jon Kent as a ten year old and Clark.Lois and Jon.as a family.

4 Likes

I miss when Superman couldn’t fly. Good times.

2 Likes

How old ARE you?

4 Likes

Did you just ask… THE QUESTION!!!

3 Likes

Another vote for Oracle. And as mentioned in a different thread, one-shot stories used to be nice on the mind and wallet, but they seem to be less popular these days (I think, anyway)

2 Likes

As you can see from my profile pic, my species lives for quite a long time.

More like THE QUESTION… just asked me.
mind blown

3 Likes

I miss so much, Oracle, Cass as Batgirl, NML, and capes that aren’t purple…

Ultimately it’s a tie between:

The feel of old comics. You know that paper they used? I know it’s expensive and bad for the environment but I loved that stuff. And the printing. sigh. I miss that.

The general character development. All these reboots have taken some of the “veteran-ness” (not sure what word to use) from the characters. I know their origins! Stop telling me that! I want development! I want the second generation (Batman, Barry, Hal, etc) to settle down and become the new JSA!

3 Likes

Iconic storytelling

Aquaman’s harpoon hand.

Cass Cain as Batgirl, Oracle, Zinda Blake and Mia Dearden existing, Diana Prince being made from clay, Cassie Sandsmark as Zeus’ daughter, I could go on.

Also, I agree with the guy above who said he missed the ‘veteran-ness’ of some older comics.

2 Likes