What did you think of the joker trailer?

I think Joaquin Phoenix looks incredible and he will crush it.

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, @19mikey. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks crazy, so pretty fitting I guess.

2 Likes

Looks interesting but hard to say from what they showed so far. Definitely a different kind of Joker than what we have seen so far in the movies

2 Likes

Not your average “comic book” movie but that could be a great thing, DC has taken risks in their movies going for different tones and styles while other studios stick to a formula. This will be a great addition, he has a great joker laugh, and the smile he did with his fingers was very unsettling.

I saw a comment on Reddit that this should be a trilogy and each movie gives you a different origin. I think that’s an amazing idea!

5 Likes

I have mixed feelings. I will definitely go see it.

1 Like

I’m confused about what kind of genre it’s going to be. I don’t know if there is really precedent for a Joker that is isolated from Batman, so it’ll definitely be interesting. I like the idea previously mentioned about a trilogy with different backstories!

2 Likes

Holy shit!!! That trailer was NOT what I was expecting!!! It looks really good and I am sold!!!

• Jealous Lantern fan
3 Likes

For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet - you can watch it here: YouTube

2 Likes

Definitely excited. I just want a good movie out of it and hopefully Phoenix crushes it

1 Like

Meh.

I haven’t been this disinterested in seeing a DC movie in a long time. I don’t think that there is much to be done with the idea of the Joker as an ordinary maniac in clown makeup that wasn’t already done by Nolan and Ledger in The Dark Knight. This looks like one I’m going to wait for until it goes to the second run theaters.

2 Likes

" You wanna get nuts? Come on! Let’s get nuts!!"

1 Like

Freaking epic! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Why so serious?

2 Likes

Meh, trying not to be a fanboy and hate on it but definitely curious. Now is the time to be better than marvel…

1 Like

Initially I didn’t like the idea of DC making a Joker origin move. But, when I saw the trailer for the move I realize it’s a real contender.

3 Likes

I really hate the make-up, it looks lazy as heck but as far as the Joker’s personality, looks much closer than The Dark Knight’s Joker and Suicide Squad’s Joker so I have hope!

2 Likes

Curious about it but that’s about it. I personally think the Joker should remain a bit of a mystery - now if DC/WB were to release several Joker origin movies done in different styles with different actors in the role …

9 Likes

They should really just do a Joker TV show like True Detective, where each season is a different star telling a different story. But with Joker instead of detectives. I mean, I guess there’d probably be detectives, because chances are it’d be a crime show but… you know what I mean .

3 Likes

I am really intrigued by this interpretation of the Joker. It’s different, and that doesn’t exactly make it bad. There’s always that risk/reward dynamic in a new or different version of that character, but that only adds to the fun in my opinion.

2 Likes