What Did You Think of Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn?

I honestly thought it was meh, but I’m curious to know what other people thought of it.

12 Likes

I loved it. I thought it was a lot of fun. I thought the action was the most exciting and visceral that we have seen in a superhero movie to date. I would like to see more of Harley swinging bats at full R-rated force. I liked that it expanded on the type of stories that we typically see in these kinds of films. I thought it was a perfect evolution of the character. I hope DC makes more and more movies as different and risky as this one was. Also, I need a Mary Elizabeth Winstead Huntress trilogy of films like yesterday.

14 Likes

I loved it, also. Sure, some characters had no business being named after their comic book “counterparts,” but the movie itself was a lot of fun throughout.

7 Likes

I loved the movie, and thought the representation of Harley Quinn was just about perfect. This movie is getting a digital release date of March 24th, 2020. I think as this movie is released for home viewing the appreciation of this film is only going to grow.

7 Likes

Yeah. My only real complaint about the movie is that they should have just called the Cassandra Cain character some other name, because that’s not Cass.

13 Likes

Also, the movie made me crave breakfast sandwiches for a couple of weeks after seeing it. Not sure I fully appreciated their splendor before the flick.

9 Likes

It wasn’t for me. Didn’t like the changes to Cass and didn’t care for the villains.

5 Likes

And it’s coming out in digital on March 24th.

This is a smart idea. I think a lot of parents saw it without the kids and told the kids “you can watch it on digital.”

2 Likes

I thought it was a very fun film! There were some character decisions I didn’t 100% agree with some character changes I thought it was great still. Looking forward to the future!

7 Likes

Loved it. It was a fun indy action crime comedy—every bit the weird, good time I was expecting from a movie w/ Harley. Hope they do more w/ the Birds. Can’t wait to watch it again next week!

7 Likes

Loved it. Didn’t take offense to the changes. Enjoyed the different perspectives and can not wait to see if they progress the characters in the future. I hope so

5 Likes

Loved it. Thought it was fun, the action was very entertaining. I know the cast trained hard and it shows. The soundtrack is amazing. I saw it three times in theaters each with a different friend group and everyone seemed to like it. It was entertaining. I’m excited for digital release, hope more people give it a shot.

5 Likes

I loved it! The most fun DC film since Aquaman.

4 Likes

I loved it! The action scenes were so fun! I love Margot Robbie’s representation of Harley Quinn, through the characters may not be completely comic book accurate, ahem-Cassandra Cain-ahem, I still loved all of the portrayals, from Huntress’s social awkwardness and Black Mask’s child-like behavior, to Harley’s outgoing, never-stop-talking personality and cassandra not being an killer. The language was a bit over the top, but the violence was right on-point for me. Also, the album for this movie isn’t great! All of the songs are amazing. This movie had the best food scene, I have EVER seen, that egg sandwitch(Fun Fact: Those weren’t chicken eggs, they were duck eggs. Margot Robbie is allergic to chicken egg whites.) looks SO good, I was craving an egg sandwitch for weeks after seeing the movie for the first time. I went to the theater and saw it, I bough it through a steaming app, and I’m planning to buy the DVD when it comes out. The CGI for Bruce(The Hyena) was amazing! I wasnt able to tell it was a dog, even though I knew! Personally, I thought it was great!

5 Likes

“Meh” was a good way of describing it, at least for me.

8 Likes

I liked it. It is what their vision was for it, a girl gang movie.
The stunt choreography I liked. Although, I miss Dinah being a better puncher (since training with Wildcat), BC was basically all kicks.
The costumes were excellent.
Yes, it’s not the Cassandra Cain from the comics, for sure. But, the character worked for her place in the film.

And it looked beautiful in 2D. (The people who get that reference, you know who you are.)

5 Likes

I thought it was entertaining, but it didn’t feel like a Birds of Prey movie. I also hated how they changed Cassandra Cain.

7 Likes

Main deal was better fight choreography than suicide squad and plenty of it. Like ladies version of The Raid, and that’s pretty cool.

2 Likes

It was never a BOP movie to begin with. They even realized it and the ads started calling it Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey after the 2nd week it was out. But, I think “The fabulous emancipation of Harley Quinn” would have been a better title.

3 Likes

I hated everything about this movie, except for Black Canary

4 Likes