What did you all think of Aquaman?

I agree with the OP in that it was pretty good but not great. The other criticisms tho’ I think need to be put into context.

Wan attempted to include SO MUCH backstory! Aquaman, his father, his mother, the entire political and social structure of the underwater kingdoms, Black Manta, Ocean Master. And newer concepts (at least to me, but certainly to general audiences) like the Trident and Atlantis’ origin. That’s a ton! And I think for ALL THAT, he succeeded in presenting all that in a way that most could keep up with and still be entertained with the action sequences. In other words, I’m giving him props including all that and getting it done as well as he did!

1 Like

Sharks with laser beams, yo!

2 Likes

And Crab People!!!

1 Like

Tie ins to the bigger DC universe are a good thing and strengthen the movie universe as a whole.

“Holy halibut, Batman!” It really was great!

1 Like

Why the F÷÷÷ cant I find an IMAX 3d showing? There is one theater in the state of Arizona offering the IMAX experience, pretty lame. Real 3d is terrible, in my experience .

1 Like

@Zombody, try an AMC Theatre.

1 Like

So is it ever explained how Arthur and Atlan can talk with fish but no one else can? How does Mera control water and no one else? Can her dad, King Nereus do it? And where did Arthur get his Justice League suit if he’s never been to Atlantis? Vulko?

What is everyone’s opinion of it? I thought it is the DC movie out so far!

This movie was awesome ! I have felt many thrill in some scenes ^^ I’m glad to see some classics suit for Orm and Aquaman and a nice armor for Black manta ! After reading the aquaman’s comics , I’ve found a lot’s of elements in this movie ! Hope to see more Black manta’s stuffs in the second part :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really great movie

2 Likes

I agree.It got really good towards the end and I thought the effects were great.But since when did Aquaman look like Roman Reigns? I’m use to Aquaman having short blonde hair.I never read the comics so maybe they changed his look over the years and it’s a coincidence that he resembles Roman Reigns? Bring on Aquaman 2!

1 Like

I loved it, can’t wait yo watch it again.

Yes Mera has hard water powers b/c of her race (Xebel). However, not everyone who is from Xebel can do it. It was taught only to the royals of Xebel & Mera was the most prolific. She can only do it for short durations as it is very straining on her & drains her of energy.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing!!! Queen Atlannas fight scene was incredible. An underwater visual feast the likes of Harry Potter. Saw it opening day going back Tuesday to see it again. Also saw it in 3D, wouldn’t have seen it any other way for 1st viewing.

1 Like

I feel like it was very solid, but not better than Wonder Woman.

1 Like

Agree I still have Wonder Woman on my top list

2 Likes

A great movie! I’m ready for another one!

In my personal opinion, Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been the best DC movies, suicide Squad coming in second. This is because those movies incorporated more action as they told a story and the plot while, Batman vs Superman and The JL movie contained a lot of talking scenes and is harder for the younger crowds to keep up with.

1 Like

I didn’t see your 2nd question. Arthur escapes from being hung on a reef as a baby. He’s taken in by Thomas Curry at the lighthouse. After Thomas is killed by Atlanteans, Arthur goes off to the oceans where he eventually finds Atlantis. He’s arrested as a prisoner & given the orange suit along with all Atlantean prisoners. So it’s basically a prison uniform that he keeps & wears as his battle suit if that’s the suit your asking about. It’s barely discussed but it’s in Aquaman ‘89 aka Aquaman special #1. The name Aquaman is a taunt & he keeps it along with the suit to inspire himself.

1 Like