What did everyone think about the Joker (possible spoilers)

I just saw joker I was Utterly amazed at the film first the film is part social commentary about a man that slips thou the crakes but you be doing Joker a disservice by saying that’s the whole story almost every murder is self defense revenge or a lust killing there is a little bit of the internet age without saying it’s the internet age I think it’s a good stand alone film but like most super hero related films when it makes a lot of money I can’t help but wonder if Joker gonna get a sequel

4 Likes

I enjoyed it. Not as much as others but it still gets a solid 8.5 in my book.

3 Likes

The director said that they never expected to make a sequel. He also said that they could if Phoenix wants to. But Phoenix has said before that he doesn’t like making sequels. Plus losing so much weight for the role was unhealthy, so I think it’s unlikely.

4 Likes

Good

2 Likes

Even watching a second time I still give it 9.5/10

1 Like

Me to

3 Likes

Joker was nearly perfect.

3 Likes

I hope it gets an Oscar

1 Like

It was a great character exploration and social commentary piece. It really isn’t a superhero/comic book movie. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I have no desire to watch it again. It simply isn’t a movie made for my tastes. This probably won’t be my favorite portrayal of Joker. It just felt like Joker was a passive character, being tossed around and forced into situations that made him the victim of society, only making his own choices near the end of the movie. There was never a point in the movie where I felt he was unpredictable, just pushed to the edge and then kicked over. Again, the movie was great, just not my definition of what makes Joker great.

1 Like

Joker is the best movie of the year!

2 Likes

The movie was utterly spectacular. As an else worlds story the first and most important thing should be a fresh, inventive vision for an old character, and Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix certainly deliver as far as creativity and vision are concerned. It wasn’t really the story we needed in the times we are living in right now, but it’s hard to deny a work of art its credit for coming out in a time where the general populous (myself included) is really sensitive to this kind of raw violence for the sake of violence.

Joker was a dark, disturbing, unsettling, visceral film and I loved it. Joaquin Phoenix’s acting was fantastic, the cinematography memorable, and the soundtrack haunting. It may not be for everyone, but it was certainly for me.

1 Like

I loved it! The movie itself was so intense and the scenes where Pheonix is dancing are absolutely chilling!

1 Like

Take DC out of it a great movie i remember watching it thinking to myself wow this movie is spacial

I was among those who had no desire to see it. I was tired of grim and gritty. Incredibly disinterested. The dark DCU has failed. Then I actually saw it.

Wow. It was nearly perfect. Easily one of the best comic movies of all time. Joaquin phoenix deserves an Oscar.

Boring, completely way overrated, cant even compare to jack or heath , Why this movie is getting reviewed so well is beyond me , terrible film

I really enjoyed the film. It’s a film that stays with you for days. Well, at least for me it did. It was emotionally and mentally heavy. Phoenix did an amazing job! I totally can see him getting some nominations this award season.

I don’t see it happening, but I would personally love this Joker going up against Matt Reeve’s Batman someday. The film was haunting, and many moments were quite thought-provoking. Depending on the perception of the narrator of the film. My sister and I were blown away by it.