What Development Hell DC Movie Would You Like Made?

Hey DC Fans.

There have been a plethora of DC Movies over the decades that got stuck in development hell and were never made. Just to name a few examples: Batman vs Superman (Wolf Gang Petersen), Superman Lives (Tim Burton), Batman Year One (Darren Arronosky), Justice League Mortal (George Miller).

In the current DC Multiverse, what DC Movie that got stuck in development hell would you like see get made?

I would love to see the Batman Beyond live-action be made. It was going to be directed by Boaz Yakin. It was actually written by Paul Dini and Alan Burnett. Yakin has talked about it being a dark Spiderman mixed with CyberPunk. At the time, Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman were rumored for old Bruce Wayne. It eventually got dropped because Boaz Yakin fell out of interest and got scared it would damage his career. He’s mentioned how great the script was and how it was possibly the best he’s ever written.

6 Likes

I think they could dust off the old Green Arrow: Supermax script and fit it into the DCEU

8 Likes

That’s a great pick. I remember when they announced that with David Goyer with Justin Marks writing.

4 Likes

Nicolas Winding Refn pitched a Wonder Woman movie and I would love to see that.

3 Likes

Burton’s movie was called “Superman Lives”
I’d have liked to see Guillermo del Toro’s “Justice League Dark”

6 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I couldn’t remember if it was lives or dies and was too lazy to search. ha haha.

Justice League Dark got bounced around like crazy. They had like three different directors before it died. At least its getting a TV show now.

4 Likes

Justice League: Mortal.

Heck it doesn’t even have to be Mortal, specifically. Just let George Miller take a crack at the property!

3 Likes

I think the Green Arrow Supermax idea is pretty good, and could fit into the DCEU pretty well. I’d like to see that. If this was a poll, I’d vote for that one, 100%.

I forget exactly what Justice League Mortal is, but I would maybe like to see a version of that with the current DCEU Justice League?

I will say though, in a vacuum, if we had an actual time machine, I’d probably want to go back and come out with Superman Lives, that’d be the one. I just don’t think I’d want to try and come out with it NOW. I’d want it from THEN.

2 Likes

I’d have also been interested in Whedon’s Batgirl

1 Like

Justice League: Mortal seems like it would have been very, very good.

2 Likes

There was going to be a Michelle Pfeiffer solo Catwoman movie spinning off from Batman Returns that got killed by (frankly sexist) studio politics. I would have loved to see that.

5 Likes

Mortal for sure

1 Like

Actually I wish they’d still just make Mortal. Same everything. The very unfortunate passing of Yelchin would be some big shoes to fill, but I will continue to look forward to this movie being made until I’m back in diapers.

1 Like

After what happened with Justice League I don’t know man.

1 Like

Superman Lives is probably the one I’m most curious about.

1 Like

At the very least the casting is

What was the reason for killing it?

might have helped if he was allowed to reshoot all of JL

1 Like

An executive producer at the time wanted to replace Michelle with a younger actress and chop it up with a bunch of gratuitous nudity scenes. The project died on the table.

1 Like

The person that wanted that the same one that sold rights to “Swamp Thing” cheaply?

1 Like

Unlikely. Believe it or not there’s more than one bonehead in the entertainment industry.

3 Likes

Still possible

1 Like