What DC Villian actually has a point?

I was just about to say Jamags could answer that better than I could, because I’m not familiar with Dr. Doom (and am a bazillion years behind with current storylines/characterizations). That sounds kind of similar. From what little I’ve read of Shiva, her priority has always been validating her claim to being the world’s best fighter. Far as I know, that’s her main reason for acting as an assassin - to encounter challenges.

I think she had some history trying to find a protege, though, but I don’t know why she wanted one. Maybe @JeepersItsTheJamags can fill that part in? I believe she was kind to Dinah (Canary) in that time. I’m looking forward to reading Birds of Prey but am not there yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two things. First:

reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaad iiiiiiiit

Second:

Well, as she puts it:

3 Likes

Vandal Savage

Well, @JeepersItsTheJamags, what I was going for is less about the villain, more about the philosophy. I want to know of villains who you think have a point.
Like Poison Ivy. She is right, we need t treat Earth better. But she is also wrong, we shouldn’t murder an steal to protect Earth. You catch my drift?

2 Likes

waitaminute. Not disagreeing, but isn’t Savage’s whole thing either A, rule the world, or B, commit suicide? If there is a third one, please tell me. It would make his character have waay more developement.

C is have lots of children.

Lex all day.

2 Likes

This is biased for me but, Whenever red hood was a villain in Under the Red Hood, he said that some problems require a permanent solution. I agree because if you don’t truly stop some people, they will jut keep coming back and the blood will be on your hands

1 Like

well, YJ Vandal has a problem with the metas and the natural evolution of humanity. But it might be his fault since he was Genghis Khan and Khan was rather …prolific with creating progeny

2 Likes

That is a very diplomatic way to put it. And makes it even funnier.

I am oversimplifying a theory i heard on the Whelmed podcast.

1 Like

Black Adam from Jerry Ordway’s Power of Shazam. He was basically given powers by Shazam who did not do his due diligence and then imprisioned Adam for not living up to the standard he never should been accountable for.

Vandal Savage. Fascist? Yes. Only because he’s been witness to every human failure since we first grunted.
His mission is the evolution of humanity…globalization and technological advances. In a weird way he’s very philanthropic.

1 Like

I kind of side with Relic from the Green Lantern N52 series. He comes from a universe that was destroyed because his universe’s lanterns or lightsmiths as he called them kept using and harnessing their individual emotional lights and depleting the reservoir beyond the Source Wall, which led to the Source Wall falling apart and obliterating his own universe- he tried pleading and proving through science that continued prolonged use of the emotional spectrum could lead to the complete destruction of his own universe but they refused and continued to harness the light whether it was against each other or just in general and they all died, now he goes to Prime Earth to prevent the same thing from happening here- he did ask them to give up their rings nicely at first, even explained why, but he did destroy the blue lanterns except for Saint Walker and almost succeeded in wiping out the Green Lanterns had it not been for Kyle Rayner and the Guardians to convince him otherwise. As Relic was absorbing the emotional powers to breach the source wall and refill the reservoir, but Kyle had all the emotional entities and helped him refill it before he was sucked into the source wall himself.

2 Likes

Heroic, maybe. But I wouldn’t say philantropic.

1 Like

Guess my dry, sarcastic sense of humor doesn’t work well here.

1 Like

No, sarcasm is sooo appreciated. It is the absolutely BEST form of humor. Why, I would just lose it if sarcasm went away. I mean, please, don’t stop being sarcastic. I would just hate it. :wink:
I am just messing with you. I too love using subtle sarcasm. However, due to the nature of this discussion, your statement came off as legitimate.

1 Like

Nah. Made sure I pointed out that fascist bit first.

1 Like

Ozymandias. (Let’s face it, everyone in that book was a villain.)

Red Hood (I know, define “villain”)

Batman (I mean it, define “villain”)

Before you leave thinking I agree with capital punishment for j-walking, I just conceded that they have a point about human nature.

4 Likes

Definitely Poison Ivy. She doesn’t want to hurt anyone she just wants to protect the environment. Granted if it was up to her all would cover the entire globe which obviously isn’t the best idea, but she’s usually just trying to stop big companies from destroying our planet.

2 Likes