What DC Movie Is Rewatchable?

What DC Movie can you watch at anytime. You know the movie I’m talking about you got friends that never saw it and your able to enjoy with them like it’s your first time watching it. Honestly two of my favorite Rewatchable movies Batman: Under A RedHood very close to the perfect movie. The other is Justice League War so what I’m a sucker for a good origin story also I would say Flashpoint is tied with JL War! So let me know what is your favorite Rewatchable movie ? Also did I make a new word Rewatchable Webster dictionary I want the bloody credit ( In John Constantine voice) Oh almost forgot just wanted to say JLD
Apocalypse war is most definitely Rewatchable!
Respect the S @Kon-El

5 Likes

Batman Begins is pretty rewatchable since it tells the beginning of Batman’s story. But I doubt I have a single friend who hasn’t seen it by now lol.

3 Likes

Live action:
Superman/Superman II
Batman/Batman Returns

Animated:
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
JL: Crisis on Two Earths
JL: Fatal Five

1 Like

I think most people watch their favorite parts of a movie, rather than a whole movie

I watched Auperman the Movie 1978 several times for the DC History Club but it is slow paced for modern audiences. I could not watch it in one sitting and Superman in costume doesn’t appear until 48 minutes into the movie.

I have watched Justice League War Apokolips five times, three times the last half hour and can’t believe what I am seeing. To enjoy it fully you need to know the characters though and not eat while watching it

I think Wonder Woman has the fewest boring scenes, is engaging but doesn’t have the best third act.

Maybe DC the New Frontier? It covers a lot of ground and includes origins of the two major characters Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter

2 Likes

Live action: Batman Begins, Man of Steel and Shazam
Animated: Batman: Under the Red Hood, The Death of Superman, JL Crisis on Two Earths and my newest edition JL Dark Apokolips War

2 Likes

Live action for me is Aquaman (not here of course) and animated is Green Lantern: First Flight, men I cannot get enough of the fight between Hal and Sinestro, something like that should have been the live action movie.

1 Like

I happily rewatch the Lego DCSHG movies several times.

I don’t have any live action movies I keep rewatching. I did see BvS twice in the theater and once at home, but I think that is my maximum among live action movies.

1 Like

If it’s me…I really liked the Judas contract.

2 Likes

I have seen most of the live action DC movies multiple times. Even the terrible ones tend to have their own replay value. The animated films generally don’t. Mask of the Phantasm is the obvious exception, but I would argue that BTAS in general strives to feel as “cinematic” as possible with its aesthetic, which is why it holds up to more viewings. The new stuff just looks cheap and flat, so even if I like the story, I don’t like looking at the movie, which reduces replay value.

3 Likes

@Applejack hey buddy ol pal of mine I’m feeling a little left out I have Never and I mean Never watched Batman Mask of the Phatasm. Could you help a brother out put in a word to the DC higher up let’s make this happen heck let’s do a live reaction video of me watching it for charity or something. Help me everyone let’s them know you want to see that happen lol

There isn’t a single live action DC movie out there that has the same amount of replay value to me as the Batman movie of the 60’s. Love that thing like nothing else

2 Likes

I watch all of the Batman movies fairly regularly but I’d say my favorite one to go back to is The Dark Knight. When I was a kid we did a lot of traveling and I had just that one movie on my iPad and watched it every weekend. I just don’t get tired of it.

Shazam!

And to build on that, there are other movies that I like more, but a lot of them, I need to be in the mood for a watch. I can put on Shazam at any time, any mood, and get some enjoyment out of it.

1 Like

Superman 1978

1 Like

@CynicalPink Shazam is a good movie a lot better than I expected and @Shadow_Ninja Superman 1978 is a classic and the start of the comic book movies.

1 Like

Batman: Under the Red Hood is one of my favorites. I think it’s one of those movies I can nearly quote word for word and still enjoy it as much as I did the first time.
I also really love The Flashpoint Paradox, as it was one of my first animated DC movies that I watched with my brothers and knew the storyline better than they did. Moment of pride, there.

1 Like

I know it isn’t an original answer but the live action movie i watch over and over again is The Dark Knight

For animated, for some reason I find myself going back to Batman: Assault on Arkham. I really enjoy all the characters in that movie and how they interact! Its violent, its funny and it overall has a pretty good storyline!

1 Like

“Batman: Mask of the Phantasm,” for my money, is the finest DC movie ever made by a mile. It has action, drama, suspense, mystery, romance, everything. The voice acting is top-notch, the music is rich, the animation is fluid and the colors are appropriate for a Batman story. DC can try, and I’ll be glad if they succeed, but they’ll never do a live action Batman as perfectly as their animated Batman.

I also thought “Green Lantern: Emerald Knights” was fun because if any story got to be too much already, it was nearly over anyway. And I was grateful for some acknowledgement that Hal Jordan is not the only interesting Green Lantern.

1 Like