What CW show should I start watching first?

That depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a superhero show with action and missions you’d be better off looking elsewhere since the CW shows are more of a drama pretending to be a superhero show. They focus more on creating an excessive amount of melodrama in the title character’s lives and having the supporting characters or team figure everything out with little to no actual superheroing.
If that’s fine with you, then Arrow has the best fight scenes (they pretty much did everything they could to make him Batman), Legends is more comedic, Batwoman is darker, Black Lighting explores social issues and features the most actual superheroing, Flash has the most melodrama with very little superheroing, Supergirl is kinda just there.

1 Like

@arkhamassassin I never said anything about the “necessity” of watching CBS’ The Flash, NBC’s Constantine, Vixen, and Freedom Fighters: The Ray.

What I have been consistently saying - and what I demonstrated - is that those series are as much a part of the Arrowverse shared continuity - officially - as Arrow, The Flash 2014, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, and Batwoman.

Also, continuity errors do not disqualify Freedom Fighters: The Ray from being part of the “core” Arrowverse.

You are making an argument that you cannot win because your statements are completely contrary to the facts.

1 Like

And yet your whole argument started off with:

1 Like

All I did there was identify what television series actually comprise the Arrowverse as a shared continuity franchise.

And I have never put forth an argument or an opinion; I have stuck solely to facts.

1 Like

You’re claiming that you never said that Constantine, Vixen, Freedom Fighters and CBS Flash are necessary viewing for the Arrowverse, but you included them in your 1st post about how “you need to watch the following.” If you can’t see how you’re appearing to contradict yourself now, I’m not sure what else to tell you

1 Like

Chronologically: Arrow.
I started w/ Supergirl because…I like Supergirl. I’m still filling in the blanks w/ the rest. Each series is pretty stand-alone, so go w/ what’s in your heart! Some series are a little better than others, so if you’re not feelin one it’s okay to move on to the next—you won’t get punished! You can always skip the crossovers if your worried about spoilers :ok_hand:t3: Enjoy!

1 Like

As I explained, I used the term “need” in the context of identifying which series are officially part of the Arrowverse and which series are not.

There is no contradiction because of the context of what I said and have continued to say.

1 Like

I found especially the first two seasons of Arrow to be a slog. The scripts were sup par, I hated how they used flashbacks and Oliver is just a dickwad. with money and a really mentally broken dickwad at that.

Legends is the most fun and far and away the best conceived and executed.

Supergirl is a nice show, although it does rub some folks the wrong way with its “preachy” social commentary.

Different societal issues are delivered just as “preachy” in Black Lightning.

I like both of them, cuz I take no exception to their social commentary point of view. Supergirl is brighter/sparkly than BL. (Not saying one is better or worse because of it.)

Flash is more relationship oriented especially getting into season 2 and beyond.

Arrow was by far the biggest dramarama of all of them. I found it the most dull and predictable of all of them and frankly a mostly rudderless mess for most of its seasons.

Batwoman only premiered this season, so I won’t form a full opinion, until the full season is completed. It has been getting better and building on the foundation it’s laying.

1 Like

ill be honest with you here, you should probably start with arrow but i never liked arrow too much. i personally would start with flash bc for the most part by crossover time you know everyones roles

1 Like

Cisco (on the Flash) is the man! I like his character.

I’ve watched every episode from each show when I get the DVD’s. I don’t watch them as they are aired. And I switch it up each night. One night Arrow, next night Flash, and on. I do it this way because by the time the crossover happens I’m at that same place on them all and ready for the crossover.

1 Like