What Comics Would You Recommend for 12-15 Year Olds?

Personally I’d say Super Sons is good. I’m currently reading through it when I have time. Both Jon and Damian are 10 and 13 at the start of it, so pretty close to the age range you’re looking for.

5 Likes

For 12 or lower:

Super Sons
Super Powers By Jack Kirby
The Batman Adventures
Lil’ Gotham
Superman Smashes the Klan

For 13 or higher, most anything.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane
Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade
Honestly, actually a lot of DC’s titles are appropriate for that age range, though I’m not sure what this 12-15 year old’s parents’ would like them to be reading.

4 Likes

Sure, I started reading comics around 11 or 12 and one of the first books I read was Tom Kings Batman run and I turned out fine.

3 Likes

Is the Tom King Batman rated M?

3 Likes

When I was 12, I was really into Superman comics. So I’d say anything Superman.

5 Likes

I know it’s been mentioned like 4 times, but I got into comics when I was like 13, and Supersons was what started the obsession.
Raven, Beast Boy, and Beast Boy Loves Raven by Kami Garcia.
The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp.
Young Justice '98.

3 Likes

Everybody likes Supersons. Must be good.

3 Likes

The Supersons are the best

3 Likes

As long as it is the comics and not the movie.

3 Likes

I actually really, really dislike them, but I’m in the minority of internet fans. The book itself didn’t sell that well, though.

3 Likes

OH! How’d I not think of this sooner?!?!

Superman Smashes the Klan!

It’s my favorite comic of all time. The vocabulary and actions are definitely made for that age group. It has an over-arching message of Superman saving people from people and from people’s xenophobia. It’s a great way to teach kids acceptance, and it’s an amazing story. It’s also rated 12+.

2 Likes

I don’t remember but it is plenty dark and violent.

3 Likes

Isnt that based on the radio program? Ive been thinking about that one myself.

3 Likes

Tom King did City of Bane right? I am an adult and that confused me like crazy. But I would say it could work for the 12-15 range.

3 Likes

It is! Kinda…

The Adventures of Superman (radio show) had a storyline that this was based on, but it’s not based on the entire radio show, just that specific storyline

2 Likes

Cool

2 Likes

Batgirl year one is a fine book to introduce youngsters to Batgirl and dc comics in general.

5 Likes

The others in the line - Robin Year One and Nightwing Year One - are also quite fun!

4 Likes