What Comics Are You Expecting With Ultra This Mid November?

As advertised, mid November will see the digital library boost. What series are you expecting?
I’m looking forward to:
Watchmen
The Killing Joke
Books of Magic
Scalped
100 Bullets
Complete the Justice League Europe run
The Constantine Dreaming Special one Shot

4 Likes

Virtue and Vice.

1 Like

i hope books of magic. That’s the one i would be most hyped for.

1 Like
  • Sandman Mystery Theatre
  • All of the Sandman off-shoot/tie-in series and graphic novels
  • All of the Fables off-shoot/tie-in series and graphic novels
  • Day of Judgment, which was digitized as a Kindle e-book, but never put on Comixology. I hope that doesn’t mean it will be overlooked for transfer to DCUI, but I sadly suspect that it will. Along with Millennium, it’s one of the two major event series that are missing from here.
  • The Elseworlds: Batman, Elseworlds: Superman, and Elseworlds: Justice League collected edition series, which have a bunch of digitized Elseworlds series and one-shots that are otherwise unavailable elsewhere.
  • The JSA by Geoff Johns books, which have JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, JSA Annual #1, JSA Secret Files #2, and JSA: All Stars (2003) in them.
  • All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever, so we can get the color versions of the Adventure Comics JSA stories.
  • Last Days of the Justice Society of America, a crucial post-Crisis JSA story, currently only available in this collected edition.
  • The two Secret Society of Super-Villains books, which have several crucial issues in them from other series that tie in to the main series and which I suspect are not being digitized separately (and plus getting these would mean we get the rest of the entire series at once, instead of waiting for the issues one by one each week).
  • The Power of Shazam (1994) graphic novel.
  • I’m hoping the rest of the Earth One books make their way here.
  • Joker: Killer Smile and Batman: The Smile Killer.
  • Batman: Three Jokers.

And a whole bunch more. This just barely scratches the surface of books that I’d like to see on DCUI, many just for the sake of one issue in them that completes an otherwise nearly-complete run or series that’s already available on DCUI.

I have zero faith whatsoever that these will ever be on DCUI, even with the Ultra update. Prove me wrong, DC. Prove me wrong.

9 Likes

Also American Vampire

1 Like

Justice League Europe ain’t happening.

I’m expecting mostly Vertigo and Black Label books to be added. Scalped is an obvious choice, along with Preacher and 100 Bullets. Likely the various Fables spin-offs as well.

1 Like

Preacher is already on:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for 100 Bullets, and even more so for Transmetropolitan. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Why JLE is not happening?

| Vroom The Wildstorm Universe
October 18 |

• | - |

Fingers crossed for 100 Bullets, and even more so for Transmetropolitan. :crossed_fingers:t2:

The writer of JLE is in prison. For stuff with kids. Neither DC nor Marvel will re-release his work because they do not want to pay him royalties or be associated with him.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s some legal maneuvering DC, Marvel and whomever else Gerard Jones did work for that could be done, so that his work could still be monetized, available to fans (and potential fans) and without him earning one cent from it, or his name being heavily promoted in conjunction with it.

1 Like

Interestingly, he’s getting out soon. I’ve been reading his newsletter of repentance and recovery, and think it’s quite sad but interesting.

1 Like

I had no idea! Thanks for the reply and it’s sad they this like this happens in our world.

| millernumber1 Round Robin
October 18 |

• | - |

Interestingly, he’s getting out soon. I’ve been reading his newsletter of repentance and recovery, and think it’s quite sad but interesting.

2 Likes

One book I could see coming out of this that hasn’t been mentioned yet is Dark Night: A True Batman Story, written by Paul Dini and drawn by Eduardo Risso. It’s a memoir about Paul Dini’s life, centered around the time that he was viciously mugged during the production of Batman: The Animated Series. It’s an amazing book.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind reading it.

2 Likes

Speaking of Dini-penned OGNs, I’d like to see Black Canary/Zatanna: Bloodspell in our library.

2 Likes

More Silver and Bronze Age books, especially Superman!

2 Likes

I would absolutely love to see some of the sizeable BA gaps for Action and Superman be filled.

I don’t know if November’s a realistic time frame to expect at least some of those issues, but if they should begin to appear then (and continue steadily afterward), I certainly won’t complain.

2 Likes

Dang yes! That Zatanna/Dinah book is a fitting continuation of the great work Dini did in the Zatanna ongoing!

2 Likes

Black Canary: Ignite! My favorite of the kid’s graphic novels! And hopefully also Batman: Once Upon A Crime, the lovely continuation of Li’l Gotham!

2 Likes