What comic can u not wait to read?

Honestly my only gripe about dark and odyssey is that they are over too fast! But yea metal was great I don’t get why some people disliked it but I had to have more lol. No justice was a really good segway into odyssey and dark. I really like tempus and am glad he is in flash forward (another book I’d highly recommend)

1 Like

I hear ya’. My friend almost completely talked me out of ever reading it. He’s huge Joker fan too, huge. He has like 200 figs & statues all Joker. Plus a ton of Joker collectibles. Joker-mobile, light up neon Joker face that changes colors etc. I was hesitant going in b/c he didn’t like it. I loved it almost instantly. Just reread it b/c I got into The Silencer & I needed a refresher. Liked it even more 2nd time. Actually, Silencer started it, but I also wanted to read Damage, Brimstone, The Terrifics, & The New Challengers. Also gonna do The Unexpected, Immortal Men, & Sideways. I’ve read what they have on here for Damage, Brimstone, & New Challengers, only read Terrifics when there’s a complete arc. Terrifics got me into Tom Strong… Read all of that after @Dogwelder9 suggested it. I found a reading order that included Tommorow Stories, Top 10, Terra Obscura etc. They didn’t have Smax, Promethea or Greyshirt but it still worked out fine. I ended up loving all of them.

2 Likes

Lol funny coincidence I recently finished sideways and loved it! Really underrated book so I’d recommend you read that asap lol! I haven’t read any of the other new age of heroes but I want to. What book would you recommend from that line? Eventually I’ll read them all bc metal was so good. It’s my favorite event by far

1 Like

Why did he not like it? I kno joker wasn’t in it much but I thought he played a cool role. And damn 200 statues that’s crazy lol

1 Like

I really like The Silencer & Terrifics. I’ll get on Sideways, it was on my list. Idk why he didn’t like it. We have a mutual friend, thru a childhood friend, who claims he works for DC & has some of his own independent comics. It’s a mystery. He can definitely draw & we’ve spotted him at cons selling pics etc. it’s basically a mystery. Somethings check out & some don’t. Anyways, he sent him a ton of comics b4 DC site was up thru his phone. When site came up, he bought it for me for my bday (my Joker friend). I told him he should check out some of the comics on there. He asked me what ones I’d been reading on it. I said, at that time, It was like all the major Batman ones; war of jokes & riddles. Black Mirror, Fugitive, No mans land, Bruce Wayne murderer etc. & he said yep those are all great. Then I said I’m about to read Metal & he said I didn’t like that one at all. He said our friends, friend sent him those when they came out & he wasn’t down with it. So I read it like 2days later & I said man I loved Metal. I asked same thing “ what didn’t u like.” He said he wasn’t sure, it just wasn’t for him. So idk? I bet if he read it on tv instead of phone he would like it.

1 Like

Great question, @dago-mage! I’m really looking forward to completing the Deathstroke Rebirth series! The DCU library is up to Issue #38/50 and I understand that this will complete Slade Wilson’s story arc as a character. I’m eager to find out how it ends.

I also have a solid backlog of Superman issues to read (thank you @dogwelder9 for the recommendations). I see he set you up too, @SouthPark. :blush:

Also, The White Knight series is epic. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Harleen for sure. Alredy preorder the complete collection from amazon it arrieve around february 13.

2 Likes

Thanks @KeyFamily. It’s actually helping a ton b/c I haven’t read a single one out of all these suggestions, & I’ve never had a bad suggestion on this site yet. @dogwelder9 suggested Tom Strong on what are u reading post b/c I said last thing I’d read was Terrifics Meet Tom Strong arc. I loved it & the tie ins that were in the reading order I chose for it. Absolutely can’t wait to read White Knight. Some on here, like Odyssey etc. that @SouthPark suggested I’m for sure gonna read as soon as there’s a decent amount so I can remember what’s going on in em’. Looks like I gotta check out a bunch more now, Harleen etc. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation I’ll read terrifics and silencer next lol. I love this app bc it’s so easy to read what people recommend! It sounds like we have pretty similar tastes so I trust your opinion

2 Likes

I really wanna read the deathstroke run it’s definitely on the list! Wife bought me a few trades that aren’t on here so I’ll be busy with those for a bit

1 Like

I kinda feel like it’s such a big story reading it in one sitting may not be ideal. I read it over time so it had time to sit with me lol. Plus I really like dark stories and scifi

1 Like

I completely agree. I read it in one shot under the opinion that it was bad. I still loved it, but when I reread it & took my time it was so much better. I’m excited for sideways b/c we do have similar tastes. I already had it all written out arc by arc in my notebook. I’d be lost if I didn’t start keeping notebooks & checking em off as I go. I have a whole system. If I don’t finish one I circle it. I write em down by the years there listed as on here so I don’t get confused. Then I put a huge check mark :white_check_mark: after I finish em & rate em. It’s helped a ton on ones I’m not sure if I’ve read , or if I blank on the name, even for the what are u reading thread. I’ll forget sometimes what I’ve recently read. Just go to my notebook & it’s right there. I think I’m gonna start dating them too so I know how long it’s been since I’ve read em’.

1 Like

Yea I tend to notice stuff I missed the second reading. I like your idea of writing it down that would help me keep up lol. Might have to use that one!

1 Like

It’s saved me so many times. I started it when they didn’t have the crossovers laid out. I’d look em up & write each issue out, check em as I went. So the next time I could just go right to it & have em ready. Some were so long I just took pics of the pages on my phone & wrote out the #’s. Then checked each number off as I went.

Harleen, Bladerunner 2019, DCSHG giant and trades, Supergirl/Batwoman Giants, Crisis Giants

1 Like

I wanna know what happens in the next Superman.

1 Like