What characters do you predict to see in Young Justice season 4?

Obviously this show already has a huge cast and it… honestly kinda has its biggest issues drawn from that, but nonetheless it will expand its catalog of heroes and villains every season in exciting new ways. What characters do you think we’ll see? Or see more of?

Personally, this is who I think could appear, at least briefly:

Jason Todd as Red Hood
Harper Row as Bluebird
Cisco Ramon as Vibe
Dolphin as… Dolphin
Wendy Jones as Windfall

Off the top of my head, those are the characters I think we’ll see that are already in the show. We’ll probably see who is most definitely Damian Wayne as a child, but he won’t be a major character still, especially not Robin.

As for new characters completely, that’s, of course, hard to say, but I’ll take a guess at:

Saturn Girl
Brainiac-5
Indigo? Maybe?
Karate Kid
XS
Supergirl
Those are admittedly the only Legionnaires I know of off-hand. And no, I don’t expect all of them.

As for other completely new characters, I’ll let you all guess. I can’t think of any hinted-at characters right now. Don and Dawn maybe? I don’t think a time skip would be that long for them to make sense, though.

1 Like

If there’s a time jump like between previous seasons then I think we could see the Super Sons. For no other reason than I feel like the writers aren’t going to want to save them for a season 5 that isn’t even confirmed.

That’s not typically been how show runner Greg Weisman works, @Awesome_Squid. Throughout his history, he’s cultivated a reputation for never rushing storylines or characters. He always writes as if an endless number of seasons is guaranteed, and has no intention of altering this practice.

As for which characters we’ll see: I’m predicting an appearance by Raven. The final episode this season, “Nevermore,” dropped a few cryptic reference to the poem by Edgar Allan Poe. I think they’re teasing us for what’s coming.

Furthermore, we know that Weisman and Vietti both keep up with current comics, and a lot of this season was inspired by Rebirth storylines. I think it’s only a matter of time before the Young Justice characters used by Bendis make their way into the show: Ginny Hex, Teen Lantern, Amethyst, and Naomi.

3 Likes

Super Sons would be at least season 5, but I’d totally love to see them. Having them work their own mission separate from the rest would be really interesting.

I actually meant to mention Raven, it does seem likely she be introduced. Maybe like how this season had Markovia and Apokolips being the antagonists, we could expect demons (particularly Trigon) be one of the main threats next season.

I think next year we will get mostly LoSH.

Saturn Girl, Brainy, Cosmic Boy, Cham, Bouncy, and I hope Karate Kid. I’d love to see KK spar with Black Canary and beat her and do a few training sessions with members of the team.

We got a focus on combat training in season 1, and a bit with Terra & Artemis this season. But, I think we need more, it really gives the vibe that these are young heroes who need training as part of their maturation process.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion That makes sense.

1 Like

I guess I’m just in denial. I want the Super Sons NOW! pouts in corner

1 Like

Jason Todd and Will
Barbara Gordon /Oracle walk again

The biggest one I’m hoping for is The Question! Loved him in JLU, so hopefully that comes true! Judging from the last shot of the season it’s more than likely we’ll see Supergirl, Brianiac-5, Saturn Girl and some other familiar faces from the Legion that’s we’ve seen before! I think we may see Wally return next season in the company of the Legion. It’s looking like Harper Row will become Bluebird and the showrunners will probably expand Harper’s and Violet’s relationship more now that Brion is out of the picture. Jason as Red Hood is over-due, so hopefully he’ll make an appearance!

1 Like

I definitely think Supergirl would be awesome! I’m surprised they haven’t introduced her yet. Brainiac-5 would be a cool addition. I also agree that seeing Red Hood/Jason Todd is very much overdo. I would like to see him go against the Bat Family in an episode and be the victor, maybe only falling to Batman and narrowly escaping?? Just a thought. If they jump forward enough, seeing Damian Wayne introduced as a villain would be cool that maybe converts at the end of the season would be cool. Whatever they do I’m sure it’ll be great!

I definitely think Supergirl would be awesome! I’m surprised they haven’t introduced her yet. Brainiac-5 would be a cool addition. I also agree that seeing Red Hood/Jason Todd is very much overdo. I would like to see him go against the Bat Family in an episode and be the victor, maybe only falling to Batman and narrowly escaping?? Just a thought. If they jump forward enough, seeing Damian Wayne introduced as a villain would be cool that maybe converts at the end of the season would be cool. Whatever they do I’m sure it’ll be great!

1 Like

@awesomesquid i would die if the super sons made an appearance!

1 Like

Never mind then! I enjoy LEXC0RP’s presence in the community and don’t wish to see them pass before their time.

1 Like

Hey there!!! If by any chance, any of you used Raven on the comments, I thank you. But if you did not… I think she could be a plus on Season 4. If you can understand what I am saying, that’s good. But if you can’t… think of Teen Titans, the comic not the cartoon show on Cartoon Network. Then think of (Beast Boy) Garfield’s girlfriend. And then think of Nightmare monkeys (S3:E12) You could have a good idea with the V.R. goggles. Do you get what I am saying???

1 Like

I get the feeling that the waitress at the end was Saturn Girl, given the direction Doomsday Clock has been going. Then, if I had to guess, I’d say Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy will come from the future, given that they’re the other founding members. From there… well, I guess XS would make sense, considering the impact the other speedsters have had on the show. And while Super Sons are a few seasons off, they could introduce older Jon as a member of the Legion.

Other than them, well, I wouldn’t be surprised if Booster Gold got pulled into the time travel shenanigans. Then a character like Naomi could be the anchor to the more earth bound, meta teen focus of the over arching story. Luke Fox might be a neat addition as well, maybe not as a main character, but someone to flesh out the background team. Young Justice has always been good at having cool background characters to make the world feel more lived in, like actual time is passing. Someone like Kid Devil could also be used to that effect.

Personally, I’d really lower the scale for next season. Smaller team, even if a lot of people get sidelined. And I don’t necessarily mean focus on the original team, but I’d like to see Tim Drake’s group get spotlight. This is a Young Justice show (Young Justice is a Tim centered team in the comics) so giving Tim his due I think should happen.

That said, if we do get a lot more characters, Linda Park, Kid Devil, and Jericho would be interesting additions

A character I’d love to see but dont really see being in the show is Kyle rayner since I think him dick and sb could have some good chemistry

Courtney whitmore - stargirl

1 Like