What Characters deserve their own movie most?

Would love to see Tawny, now would it be the four legged version, or the one in a tweed suit? I would love to see the one in the suit.

2 Likes

Definitely the tweed suit.

2 Likes

Nightwing definitely needs his own movie!!!

7 Likes

None of the above characters deserve a standalone movie, but if WB wants to farm them out to New Line with Joker sized budgets to see if a market exists, that might work.

Hawkman & Hawkgirl dine Cecil B Demille 10 commandments style Egypt. A grand, sumptuous visual style.

3 Likes

Speaking of grand and sumptuous, I’d be intrigued to see a Promethea adaptation.

Grifter
Holden Carver
Top 10
Detective Chimp
Plastic Man

3 Likes

Tim drake,booster gold,blue beatle,and lobo

2 Likes

A solo Robin would be cool. Booster/Beetle wouldn’t be a bad team up. And Lobo . . . whoa . . . would they have enough extras for him to kill off.

2 Likes

The Outsiders
#We are all Outsiders

2 Likes

The Spectre done horror style.

4 Likes

I’m particularly interested in this topic because I’m a DC fanatic and work in the industry and from afar have been pretty annoyed with some of their choices.

If i could advice or decision make i’d do a number of things off the bat to separate DC from Marvel while still offering something recognizably super hero comics based for DC fans. Below is my post MCU plan for DC.

• Lean into Magic, Multiverse, and Futurism. These are things that DC can do organically and well without Aping the marvel style
    *Black Label one off ideas are great. Do many more one off and elseworld non-continuity stories
    *Villains are stronger in DC and Suicide Squad was a mixed bag for many but lean in and learn from JOKER
    *Lean into diversity in an organic way. There’s characters like Jaime Reyes, Bunker, Milestone Comics, and Vertigo that can provide stories that speak to the audience that is often ignored (LEARN FROM SUICIDE SQUAD AND WONDER WOMAN!!!)
    *Let interesting filmmakers work…Say what you will about Aquaman but it was allowed to breathe and fully convey anything and everything James Wan wanted to do…including themes that have never been seen in a super hero movie like rehabilitation, redemption, and…water!
    *Finally if you want to make a shared universe, and make superman interesting, make him the seeded cameo to keep appearing so that it feels earned when his almighty power appears.

I have many more ideas but these are big and broad…what do you think?

8 Likes

Those are pretty rad ideas @LooseNate.

I don’t know if Superman should be the seeded cameo. For that, I would pick a character unknown to non-comic reading audiences, so as to show them someone new that they’re not already aware of, while giving us comics fans someone new to anticipate in live action. If magical characters are a focus, I’d vote for Zatara and Zatanna, with Zatanna getting a gradual focus as their throughline carries on.

I do like the idea of Superman having a presence in movies not his own, but only when he’s already got his cinematic footing established and not before.

7 Likes

It seems to me the the classic style Phantom Stranger would be the best character to seed with. He can appear, his OG outfit is striking and identifiable, but not so outlandish that he couldn’t be placed in a crowd scene. If they ever do a new JL movie, after so many other films have established characters. Use PS as the mechanism to draw the heroes together because there is a massive global threat. Vandel Savage or if they’ve done New Gods maybe Darkseid. But, I’d wait in Darkseid for a second JL movie. He’s the biggest big bad in DC, make sure everything has really gelled, before you add his gravatas to the movie franchise.

5 Likes

Love to see a zatanna movie or constantine…a good one :p. Eventually a world’s finest even though we kind of got that with BvS

2 Likes

Detective chimp directed by Rian Johnson

@Vroom I agree with you about not making superman the seeded cameo character, but the character itself has to be Dr. Fate if it is a magical character.

1 Like

Deathstroke! It could easily be a $50-60 million budget and be done well.

3 Likes

Have you seen the trailer for the Deathstroke animation on CW Seed?! Awesome.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t wait for that! I still think they’re testing the waters to see how popular all the other content with Deathstroke is, as he’s appeared everywhere lately, live action, animation, comics, etc… He’s never been as popular as he is now, so it would be the perfect time for his own movie.

2 Likes