What characters deserve a black label run?

Hey, you’re in luck! There are several titles right now that…wait, you know this one.

Never mind!

4 Likes

Oh, wow! I can’t believe I forgot about that upcoming series, lol! I guess I’ve been reading so many titles that it slipped my mind.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to it. Jeff Lemire is a great writer and it should look great with the quintessential Question art team in it.

3 Likes

Don’t ■■■■ this one up, Jeff.

3 Likes

I think some of the classic war/western titles would be prime for a Black Label revamp. Maybe Jonah Hex or Bat Lash. Unknown Soldier on the war side of things.

It’d also be cool to see an existential horror spin on Brother Power, the Geek (no, I’m not joking lol)

5 Likes

Another post made me think of something. I’d love to see Greg Rucka helm a Batwoman Black Label story. I know Black Label is already bat heavy, but I stand by it.

6 Likes

Catwoman! :catwoman_hv_4:

6 Likes

Hawkman, Phantom Stranger, or Adam Strange.

6 Likes

I agree, especially since Black Label doesn’t mess with main continuity, that’s a huge open door for creators to just go crazy!

2 Likes

Personally I’d really like to see a Black Label title for Green Arrow. Something similar to Mike Grell’s GA books would be a really good fit. Plus it would be great for Black Label to have another title that isn’t Batman/Gotham-centric.

5 Likes

I want justice league dark, and booster gold

1 Like

As many as possible!

1 Like

Power girl

2 Likes

G’nort

2 Likes

Cyberpunk future/dystopia with cybernetic enhanced Batman.

3 Likes

Primarily I want more and more Batman Black Label books. But I would also love a Swamp Thing book.

2 Likes

Green lantern space cop adventure would be interesting that or a atlantean war story with aquaman. I allso liked the idea of a Adam Strange Comic somebody tossed around. I do think though people kinda limit black label when they say all the storys have to be dark and gritty. Its a premire line for premire storys from all kinds of premire talent able to go all out on all kinds of storys, unrestricted by mainstream apropriate censors or continuity. I would want most of all from this line is a revival of sorts of the Elseworlds. Interesting takes on charectets that can mess with there origins or put them in unique circumstances that tell cool new interesting storys, kinda like DCeased, Nightwing the New Order & White Knight have been.

1 Like

-Lady Shiva
-Cass Batgirl
-Lex Luthor (the Man of the Steel mini that bears his moniker and was overseen by Black Label talent doesn’t retroactively count)
-Lobo
-Suicide Squad
-Ambush Bug
-Hawkman
-Kamandi
-Angel and The Ape
-Psyba-Rats (maybe they won’t suck this time)
-Warlord

4 Likes

Jason Todd - Red Hood origin story would be fantastic

3 Likes

I like what you’re saying with the elseworlds stories, there’s so much potential with black label.
I really enjoyed those series you mentioned:
DCeased, Nightwing the New Order & White Knight
Such great reads. I love what Sean Murphy is doing with the White Knight, can’t wait for more of the story.

2 Likes