What character should Idris Elba play in new Suicide Squad?

So now that Idris Elba isn’t going to play Dead Shot who should he play? I would like to see him take on a leader role like Bronze Tiger. I also like how complex his story is which should be great for Idris Elba to play. What does everyone else think.

1 Like

Was thinking Bronze Tiger too

3 Likes

Bronze tiger

2 Likes

Yeah, Bronze Tiger’s the way to go. He’s one of the most iconic characters of Ostrander’s original Squad run, and he had a really interesting dynamic with Waller.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go a little different and say Doctor Light.

Bronze Tiger

1 Like

Probably Bronze Tiger. More people are familiar with the character thanks to Arrow.

The other characters in Gunn’s version of the squad are currently planned to be lesser known characters, so maybe Elba’s new character will also be someone most people aren’t familiar with.
Maybe he’s now playing Sportsmaster or Shade the Changing Man.

1 Like

Bronze Tiger or Black Spider other than assault on arkham black spider is unknown to most people

2 Likes

I would definitely agree with Bronze Tiger, that was initial reaction as well. The person above me mentioned Black Spider and I think that would be cool, but I can more easily envision a movie with Bronze Tiger as the leading man than Black Spider.

1 Like

Green Lan- I mean Bronze Tiger

Totally Bronze Tiger.

I think he plays deadshot

I don’t know, but Deathstroke should be the villain.

1 Like

Joe Mangianello concurs.

2 Likes

Bronze T all the way

Bronze Tiger would be almost too perfect. Fingers crossed though.

Glad to hear he isnt playing Deadshot though, why get Idris Elba if you just want him to play Will Smith. I know were saying “he’s gonna make this role his own” but it wouldnt make any sense at all if it takes place in the established DC film universe.

1 Like

Someday, editing posts will be a thing…

1 Like