what are your thoughts on the Aquaman movie!?!?

What are your thoughts on the Aquaman movie?

4 Likes

I kinda liked it. I thought it was good but not great. I wanted more character from ocean master and black manta. I’ll give it a 7.5/10 for me

Best DCEU film to date! Blows–pun intended–all the Zack Snyder stuff out of the water. The movie was fun and visually stunning. The scene with the trench attack was worth the price of admission. Aquaman, Mera, and Atlanna were portrayed spot-on and I was totally invested in their arcs. But for me, the most important character in the film was Tom Curry. His part was perfectly written and it was quite refreshing to witness a strong father-figure in a modern film that does not disappoint his son (T’Chaka, Ego, and Odin to name a few). Arthur, Mera, and Atlanna all had the great physical strength to combat their foes and demons, but Tom possesses the greatest strength when facing adversity: patience. The scene at the end of the film when Atlanna come back to Tom on the dock choked me up. It was beautiful and life-affirming. Their love was as an important a bridge between the two worlds as Aquaman’s accession to the throne of Atlantis. I really liked this film!

3 Likes

I loved it. It wasn’t as well made as Black Panther or Wonder Woman but it was a lot more fun.

Very well done. I loved BvS and Wonder Woman, but this stole the show I think.

3 Likes

i loved it and just like any other superhero movie yes there were some parts that were boring but i thought it was very good but now we know who the first person will be for deathstrokes team for justice league 2

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it; Wonder Woman was better but not by much. A very positive step in the correct direction.

5 Likes

My favorite DC live action film since Dark Knight!

7 Likes

Probably one of the best comic book movies ever made. The CGI was tremendous, a visual masterpiece. The dialogue was straight out of a comic, so yes some of it was cheesy. Topo playing the drums made me smile. The action was unbelievable!

9 Likes

Ok so where to begin with out doing spoilers… I guess i will start from the beginning so first thoughts i have to say is how well would the underwater CGI and fight scenes look because i honestly think that is one of the hardest things to pull off, surprisingly all gloves are off when it came to the underwater stuff it was beautiful and breathtaking not to mention the water creatures looked badass all i have to say is i still want an attack seahorse. The acting was fantasic. Mera is one of my favorite characters in the whole movie she has a little comedy relief at some points along with aquaman. If you have doubts about this movie dont because it is everything we need in a badass movie like aquaman. So go and see it you wont be disappointed.

2 Likes

It was just under Wonder Woman for me, I loved it but not quite as much as Wonder Woman

3 Likes

Just saw it last night and I am floored. It was way better than I thought and I went in expecting an awesome movie. Its visuals are mindblowing and the creature design is incredible. The costumes are top notch and some of the best comicbook recreations I have ever seen. The story was fast paced and action packed but also filled with a good chunk of heart felt emotional moments which were great. I think both Momoa and Heard will surprise many detractors with how well they did in this film. I had also heard some people criticizing the Black Manta character with not having enough of good material but I felt that we ended up with a good amount of info on the character and that they established him and his backstory well. Obviously, he will play a larger part in the future and I cant wait for that. Everything we got from him was badass!!! Atlantis design was amazing and anyone comparing it to Wakanda is smokin crack. Wakanda looked awesome but this is on a whole other level. Oh, the Anna Belle cameo was cool. Blink and you’ll miss though.

5 Likes

Best Dceu movie to date imo. Loved every minute of it!

5 Likes

Best DC Comics film since TDK in my opinion

4 Likes

Amazing, an easy 9/10

4 Likes

I thought the visual effects, action scenes, and art direction were all very strong, but the writing and the acting was corny. In my opinion the characters were more interesting and complex in Johns’ comic run. I’m still glad I saw it, and was very impressed with how ambitious it was. Looking forward to what’s hopefully a stronger sequel.

4 Likes

Not one but two strong villain roles helps elevate the movie. Also, Mera wow!

3 Likes

I give it a 7 out of 10 - A sign of hope for DCFilms
It had corny dialog, and there were details along the movie that threw me off
(i.e. Arthur straight justifying his reason for leaving Black Manta and pops to die; he just finished making sea creatures shake off and attack their riders but OceanMaster still riding his). Although the plot had its convenient points to help move the characters along (plenty of classics have done this), its a fun adventure in which we follow the development of several characters and their relationships to each other and the rest of the world on this film cannon. Its along the lines of a treasure hunt/Arthurian adventure. with its comedic and romantic moments.
James Wan steered this in the right direction, the visual style was dynamic and fun to watch, plenty of easter eggs and stands alone just fine.
Mara and Nicole Kidman are badasses.
And the Straight up splash page at the end with Mamoa in the gold and green (lookin badass) splashing out of the water like he’s da KING of da whole ERF!.. YEAH!

2 Likes

I have seen it twice now! Loved it. The best DCEU in my opinion and right up there with the best of Marvels films.

3 Likes

Just saw it yesterday and I give it about a solid 8 out of 10.

It was a good show of his power set, nice seamless transitions between CGI & practical effects. The story was very linear and easy to follow—which in my opinion is one of the main reasons it’s doing so well with general audiences. The action scenes were great and well choreographed especially against the Brine and the final btwn Arthur and Orm. I also really liked Amber Heard as Mera, she surprised me—her acting was spotty at times but I think Wan really did a good job showing what she could do. I knew pretty much everyone else would kill their role, which they did.

Great work by wan and co. even though there were a few odd choices and things in the dialogue that were a little cringe worthy but there’s really not much to complain about this movie.

3 Likes