What Are Your Favorite Versions of DC Villains?

KittyKrawler

That’s right, she’s at the top so she can perch & watch out for easy marks, crime & Batman.

Solid selections by all thus far. @JLWWSM. I can’t wait for Wiigs Cheetah either. WW two period I can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

Post-Zero-Hour is mostly the go-to version of characters for me.

My favorite Catwoman is Jim Lee’s from “Hush.” I always hear the voice of Adrienne Barbeau from BTAS whenever I read her.

Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. Seems silly I suppose but I loved it.

2 Likes

Bane as he appears in Batman: Arkham Origins.

2 Likes

Great choice. Bane was scary. I just ran from him alot and threw batarangs.
Love the staging with Joker blowing up the building them Bane’s assault.

2 Likes

87benlewis

My favorite Catwoman figure I own is a Jim Lee Cat. It’s not a hush series but my Huntress is & its awesome. Second favorite Cat figure is original purple & green. Plus it came with a gold bat-symbol embroidered stand for her & a replica poster from her 1st appearance in Batman. That’s the poster I have framed above my collection, it’s lined up with that figure & the Jim Lee one is right next to it.

2 Likes

@djd187 you know how Batman Forever and Batman& Robin had multiple costumes for their characters throughout? When we first saw the Riddler he looked like he stepped out of the comics. Then he wore the spandex onesie before switching to the white onesie at the end. Batman had his suit he wore for most of the movie, then changed to the metallic looking suit with the giant bat on his chest. Poison ivy had 3 different looks and hair styles in her villain persona. The bat-family transitioned into new costumes for the climax. Batgirl barely wore her first suit before it was time to change. Nevermind that the city was in ice age peril. What was most important was to take time to design, sculpt, and try on to make sure it looked good and fit right, making any alterations if necessary, while people freezed to death. Unless Alfred had “taken the liberty” of designing her a second suit to match BM & R’s, which he had prepared knowing that there would be an all-or-nothing, final, highstakes battle. How did he get her measurements? Did he sneak in her room at night and measure her? Anyway, I digress. BvS also had 3 different looks for Batman.

This is all a long way of saying that I would like to see something similar done with Catwoman. It would be cool to see variations and departures from just one look in the same movie. It makes sense that she would want some variety and creativity in what she wears for any given occasion. Or they could have multiple Catwomen from alternate realities running around in the same film as the worlds converged.

1 Like

87benlewis

Amen. Mmm that was a tasty read I totally agree.

I love the original Harley Quinn from Batman the animated series (and all versions)
Poison ivy from Batman and Robin
Catwoman from Batman 1966 tv show
Killer Frost from the flash tv show
Silver Banshee from the Supergirl tv show
And the classic sinestro costume

3 Likes

MY Hush from paul dini’s run in detective comics/batman
Pi riddler and riddler from the btas and Arkham series
Reverse Flash from Legends of Tomarrow
Lex Luthor from Lego supervillians
Joker from Batman: White Knight
Deathstroke from Teen Titans (2002) cartoon
Catwoman from the gotham city sirens/ Arkham series/ and Batman Returns

3 Likes

Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito’s Penguins
Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor
Manu Bennett’s Deathstroke
Tom Cavanaugh and Matt Letscher’s Reverse Flash
Anne Hathaway and Camren Bicondova’s Catwomans
Colin Salmon’s General Zod
Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn
Erin Richards’ Barbara Keane

2 Likes

@CHRISQUINZEL
I agree og Harley is the best

@jpolk
Good choice. Ron Pearlman has the best Deathstroke voice.

@DigificWriter
I think I remember Burgess Meredith-Penguin showing up in some of my childhood nightmares as opposed to Danny Devito, so that proves that the sponsors were wrong about Batman Returns, lol. If either one were Santa though, I’m not sure which I would be more terrified of to sit on their lap. :face_vomiting: Anne Hathaway was definitely a good Catwoman despite the haters. I love Camren Bicondova’s Michelle Pfeiffer hair cut.

1 Like

My picks are:

Mark Hamill’s Joker
Manu Bennett’s Deathstroke
Harly Quinn from Thillkiller
Julie Newmar’s Catwoman
Ra’s Al Ghul from Son of the Deamon
Talia Al Ghul from Bride of the Deamon
Gary Anthony Williams’s Mutant Leader

1 Like

Mark Hamill’s Joker
Kevin Conroy’s Batman
Ben Affleck’s Batman
Jack Nicholson’s Joker
Mark Strong’s Senestro
Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman
Billy Crudup’s Dr. Manhattan

@Moe.vargas:Half of the characters on your list are heroes, and this thread is specifically about villains.

Matt Letscher’s Reverse Flash