What Are Your Favorite Feel Good Comics/Easy Reads?

I’ve been reading a HUGE amount of comics lately (about 100 volumes this year…yes volumes not issues) and I love it and love getting into the lore and all that, but sometimes i just wanna read without really thinking.

I loved Tiny Titans and Gotham Academy, they were cute and fun! Anything like that come up to mind? Or anything you got through super quickly?

Thanks xx

4 Likes

Teen Titans: Year One is one of my favorite feel-good stories. There are some more serious moments, but overall it’s super fun. Easily one of my all time favs that doesn’t get nearly enough credit/discussion.

Link: DC Universe

1 Like

Jsa. All 86 issues in around 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I recently read Geoff Johns 2007 run of JSA and fell in love. I really wanna go back and read some more JSA stuff afterwards. It was so good.

1 Like

Easy, fun read? Every issue in this series:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/--/573542d3-962f-41ef-a888-f82608f8ab94/

His run starts in 1999 with JSA then continues with 20007’s Justice Society of America.

1 Like

For a fun and easy read, you’re not gonna top BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM. A watercolor Batman and his family (and occasionally his enemies) on very cute holiday themed adventures.

5 Likes

Batgirl: Year One. Barbra Gordon’s origin isn’t as tragic as it is uplifting, making it a very feel-good story. Plus, Killer Moth… need I say more?

3 Likes

Ooooh that was really cute! I’d read it before but I reread it and it was just as good as before

1 Like

I know you didn’t mean that as a challenge but a part of me just wants to try to read it faster haha

Adding it to my list, thanks

1 Like

I would wake up after work. Typically read around ten issues then go to work.

I really like reading All-Star Superman and Superman for All Seasons. They do have some more serious bits in a few places but they’re both very uplifting.

2 Likes

@moro that link just gives me an error, what is it supposed to lead to?

That sounds like the cutest thing ever??? omg

Should of just lead with that haha

I’ve never heard of it, ill have to check it out!

1 Like

Ever since I got this service, I have been devouring old golden age comics, Action Comics, Superman, Sensation Comics, Wonder Woman, Comics Cavalcade, All-Star Comics, Detective Comics, Batman.

I just love the vibe of the old golden age. I really didn’t realize how little about it I knew, even though I have been reading comics for almost 40 years.

The Superman/Batman series from 2003 onwards. Available in its entirety here on DCU. Hope you check it out and enjoy it :slightly_smiling_face:.

My favorite part of reading golden age comics is finding the big names’ first appearance and seeing how different they are. I recommend Action Comics 1 to see meaner Superman.

1996 Supergirl 75 to 80 by Peter David Linda Danvers Matrix Supergirl meets Silver Age Kara Zor el Supergirl

2002 Hawkman Hawkman and Hawkgirl now have their original 1940s origin of being reincarnated lovers through out all of history. This Hawkgirl is in her 20s and has no memory of their past lives together. By Geoff.Johns

2004 DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke. Set in late 50s and early 60s. Golden Age Superman Batman and Wonder Woman and Origins of Silver Age Age Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter plus Flash at stsrt of his career. Restart with second issue if can’t get into first issue. Also there is an extra one shot issue which is very good.

2006 A new Blue Beetle starts as Jamie Rayes, a teenage Hispanic character has an intelligent Scarab involuntarily inserted into his back, which gives him incomplete control of his new super powers.

2009 Batgirl is Stephanie Brown by Byran Miller. Set in time when Bruce Wayme is presumed dead, Dick Grayson is Batman, Damien Wayne is Robin and Barbara Gordon is Oracle. The best of all Batgirl Books

2009 Power Girl by Amanda Conner

2011 Aquaman by Geoff Johns Movie has some ideas taken from this first arc.

2011 Demon Knights. A Magnificent Seven defend village in Medieval Times. Members Etrigan the Demon, Madame Xanadu, Vandal Savage, a trans Shining Knight Amazon Outcast, a Horse Woman and an Arab Inventor By Paul Cornell

2015 Superman Lois and Clark Introduction of Jon Kent, their son. Dan Jurgens followed by Superman Rebirth in 2016, by Tomasi followed by Super Sons.

2016 DC Universe Rebirth 1 Geoff Johns Reboot of Universe to restablish old relatioships and revive legacy characters like Wally West, the Flash for several decades and Kid Flash before that.

2016 Wonder Woman Year One. Issues 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 Rucka Scott

2016 Detective Comics Rebirth Tynion IV. Batman Batwoman Tim Drake Cassandra Caiin Stephanine Brown Clayface.

2016 Green Lanterns Rebrth Sam Humpries Jessica Cruz Simon Baz are rookie Green Lanterns.

2016 Flintstones Satire Mark Russell

1 Like

We have a really great list going over here that was inspired by the early quarantine days in March- Hope this helps!

1 Like

The Killing Joke is an easy read for me. It’s short but sweet. Another is Knightfall and while that’s long with 3 books in a trilogy, there is fun stories like Joker making a movie with him actually killing Batman.

Superman: For All Seasons