What Are Your Favorite Comic Artists?

There wasn’t really an inciting event that made me want to ask this other than that I haven’t seen any other threads about this and that I’m just curious, but what comic artists are your favorite? I personally love Marcos Martin’s art for it’s simplicity, and Tim Sale’s for the little touches like often drawing Harvey Dent with half of his face in shadow.

5 Likes

Hmm, in no particular order: Darwyn Cooke, Mike Mignola, Jorge Fornes, Terry Dodson, Terry Moore, Elsa Charretier, Cliff Chiang, Chris Samnee, Amanda Connor, Audrey Mok, Veronica Fish, Francis Manpul…

probably a lot I’m forgetting but I just really like their styles.

4 Likes

I’d forgotten Mike Mignola! His art’s fanatastic.

4 Likes

The use of blacks is awesome. Teamed up with colorist Dave Stewart, the art is chef’s kiss

2 Likes

My top 5 in (mostly) no particular order would have to be Ivan Reis, Greg Capullo, Andy Kubert, Jason Fabok and Jim Lee at the very top. Francis Manapul, Stjepan Sejic, Gary Frank, Alex Ross, David Finch and Sean Murphy are also up there

6 Likes

We have similar taste @arkhamassassin :slightly_smiling_face:.

At the top of my list is Ivan Reis. Anything he puts out is pure gold to my eyes. Others, in no particular order:

• Lee Bermejo

• Jim Lee
    Ok those round up the top 3, but the rest really is no particular order :slightly_smiling_face:

• Greg Capullo

• Jorge Jimenez

• Alex Ross

• Gary Frank

• Greg Capullo

• Jason Fabok

• John Byrne

• Dan Jurgens

• Liam Sharp

• Mikel Janin

• Jamal Campbell

• Cliff Chiang

7 Likes

A few of my favorites:

● Jim Aparo
● John Byrne
● David Finch
● Dan Jurgens
● Jack Kirby
● Jim Lee
● George Perez
● Ivan Reis
● Nicola Scott
● Dick Sprang
● Curt Swan
● Michael Turner

6 Likes

My favorite’s in no order

• Alex Ross
  • Tim Sale
  • Patrick Gleason
  • Mikel Janin
  • Bruce Tim
  • Lee Bermejo
  • Greg Capullo
  • Jason Fabok
  • Stephen Bissette and John Totleben
  • Dave Mckean
  • Jim Aparo
  • Ivan Reis
  • Norm Breyfogle
  • Mitch Gerads
  • Stjepan Sejic
  • Darwyn Cooke
  • Mike Mignola
  • Kelley Jones
  • Curt Swan
  • Dick Sprang
3 Likes

Bill Finger was a writer, not an artist.

2 Likes

Gosh @HubCityQuestion your right. I thought he was the artist during the 50’s but he was the writer. My bad.

3 Likes

Are you thinking of Dick Sprang, maybe?

2 Likes

Yes indeed, I love those great 50’s comics covers. So awesome to look at.

3 Likes

It all depends on artstyle that I can enjoy looking at while reading, if it’s clear and realistic then that would be my favorite.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Capullo!!! Pretty sure I witnessed his work in Spawn as a kid and never realized it.

2 Likes

I don’t really have a favorite artist. In fact there’s plenty of artists that I love. Greg Capullo, Eddie Barrows, Travis Moore (I think that’s his name but the guy doing Joker War right?), Mikel Janin, Fiona Staples, Thony Silas, Greg Land, Patrick Zircher, Cliff Chiang, Stjepan Šejić, and Trevor McCarthy.

2 Likes

^^ I agree with you, it’s so hard to choose one. Way too many talented people in DC.

2 Likes

PHIL JIMENEZ all day!

1 Like

Wait Fiona Staples is working for DC??? Is that why she left Mark Waid’s run on Archie? What is she doing?
But yes I agree. I feel like my art taste is all over the place honestly. I mean I love when the art is really realistic and gorgeous but I also love it when it’s more simplified, reasonably exaggerated and cartoony. I don’t feel I’ve really found anyone who’s style combines those two for me and that’s the day I’m waiting for.

1 Like

That’d be Jorge Jimenez, but they’re both fantastic! Travis Moore’s Nightwing is an absolute beauty chef’s kiss

3 Likes

Yeah that guy! I had the right name just not the right story. Love his work on Nightwing. Hate the story but his art work is amazing. Kinda hoping he stays on for a least one more volume after all the Ric stuff is tied up so I can experience reading it.

1 Like