what are your favorite characters to draw, and what music do you listen to while drawing?

When you people draw, what music do you listen to, and do you have a favorite thing or character to draw?

3 Likes

I like to draw Harley Quinn, and I listen to MCR, P!ATD

1 Like

I love to draw The Joker and listen to anything R&B. So relaxing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a bad drawer. But when I do draw I like drawing Robin. Any Robin they all look the same

1 Like

Don’t draw as much as I used to, sadly, but if I ever got back into it, besides my usual fav character (Rorschach), I’d end up drawing Beast Boy, I think.

I’m big on rock, though, so anything from Billy Talent to Coheed and Cambria, Sum41, Three Days Grace, MCR, Spoken, etc. :slight_smile: What about you, HaruTheCatGirl - what are your preferences?

2 Likes

Love MCR, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, Blessthefall

3 Likes

charicters: batman,red hod,red lanterns
music; MCR(ooooohhh im edgy),twenty one pilots,FOB

3 Likes

I like to draw batman while listening to “Im too Sexy” from Right Said Fred, in my pajama pants.

1 Like

Personally, I enjoy listening to David Hicken’s work while I draw. My favorite piece of his is probably Incantation.

I mostly like to draw character designs (particularly superheroes) and I’d like to create a webtoon or something someday.

2 Likes

Just took a listen to that, @Timbers - I can see why you like it so much. It’s lovely! And best of luck if you choose to start a webtoon; would be happy to read it. Going to check out the bands mentioned, as well, now, but wanted to say great taste in music and characters, everyone! It’s fascinating to see how different/similar our style can be when it comes to what puts us in the zone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t listen to music when I draw but I draw Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, and Damian Wayne more than once every day

1 Like

I listen to a lot of punk when I draw. I don’t tend to draw characters a lot, some Harley and Joker, sometimes Batman. I do a lot of weird stuff tho lol

2 Likes

I like to curate playlists of a particular mood or vibe about that character. So if I want to portray a strong female character (like Diana, Dinah, Mera, Barbara, etc.), I’d listen to songs like the Wonder Woman theme, “You don’t own me”, “Immortals”, etc. that convey power, strength, and high energy. For more chill scenes like lounging around, I’d listen to more chill music, sometimes even songs that have no words in them. It really depends on the scene I’m drawing and the vibe of the characters I want to portray. It takes some time to curate these playlists, but it really helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m very similar to @sunshinesamara, different music for different moods.
I notice that if I put on a real chill list, like some Cake, Violent Femmes, Wolfsuka, and Beck, I’ll usually end up with some sort of pin-up girl style picture. It might be Poison Ivy, it might just be some 90’s punk or skater themed subject. But the “light” mood ends up coming out in the face in a sort if wholesomley coy yet flirtatious. Blue skies, clouds, sunlight, picket fences, trees and nature
If I want something darker: My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, KMFDM, Frontline Assembly, NIN, Rob Zombie, Static X, ect. Scorched skies, Goth and Cyberpunk girls, industrial landscapes, and graffiti on dilapidated walls.
If I have no idea what to draw or if I’m just trying to force myself to practice, I go classical and or instrumental. Cant endorse Mozart enough here. But theres also a lot of great rock and metal instrumentals out there. Metallica’s Orion comes to mind

1 Like

Every one of you guys on here have great music selections!

1 Like

I listen to AC/DC whwn I draw my favorite character, Hawkman.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/10295475_10202334865188551_1900075014636033078_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeGxHKUcRkJLDjT-Qk5Ltqw5uJ8hO0uamemFekq_kJxLH9SV6282AWq8POMU0ibQYN8zstgDRtxmNXXqoxSPVYj-MiDf4pv2YILDhBmqazI9RA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=18eec541d35b81a15585b4cebe903f50&oe=5CC98401

3 Likes

So I always wonder what it is about the Hawkman of the sixties that is so intriguing. I remember reading it as a child when it came out. Something about space aliens hanging out with primitive weapons, very appealing and the archaeology tie in…

1 Like

@JohnD3rd
Your art is amazing! I love AC/DC

1 Like

I listen to Melanie Martinez and draw Harley Quinn

Melanie Martinez is a good match for Harley!