What are your Essential DC Horror Heroes?

Definitely Deadman, Constantine, Sandman and The Spectre! The MUST READ would be Alan Moore’s run on Swamp Thing (can’t wait for the show).

2 Likes

Constantine.

4 Likes

Swamp Thing, Etrigan, The Spectre

3 Likes

Phantom Stranger tops my list (although I suppose it’s debatable if he is horror or more accurately, suspense.
Deadman is another. Boston can be utilized so well and make such great choices with his power. But, when he screws up, he can really screw up. Case in point, taking over Bats and using a gun to kill somebody. If Z or Constantine would have been around to give Deadman a physical form, Bats would have kicked his butt into the next century.

2 Likes

The specter Constantine swamp thing the demon

3 Likes

The specter Constantine swamp thing the demon

2 Likes

Batman vs the Mad Monk. The Matt Wagner Story was part pulp novel and part horror just done so beautifully well. But also in his own right the Joker is certainly a horror character, or Two Face and Scarecrow.

3 Likes

Dr 13, Phantom stranger

2 Likes

Phantom Stranger, Deadman, Constantine and Spectre

3 Likes

Etrigan and the Phantom Stranger

2 Likes

Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. And Len Wein and Jim Aparo.

2 Likes

Victor Zsasz

Batman: Shadow of the bar and Knightfall and Gotham. A serial killer. He loves killing women. Carves a mark on himself for each victim. Uses runaway children to fight to the death while people make bets. A truly horrifying hero.

1 Like

I’ve always like the Spectre, also i think would be a great horror film.

2 Likes

Boston Brand aka Deadman

3 Likes

Elvira in DC’s House of Mystery

Anything with Constantine.