What Are Your DC Must Read Stories?!

The obvious greats for me are Kingdom Come, Batman Year One, Forever Evil, and The Dark Knight Returns.
For more obscure ones Detective Comics 27, 38, and Batman 1 to see how much characters have changed over the years.
JSA: Princes of Darkness for a great story about the first super hero team.
Emperor Joker: For Superman’s emotional strength

Geoff John’s Green lantern no doubt about that. If I were to get someone into comics I would recommend that easily.

1 Like

3000 Camolot

I would recommend the Injustice comics. Although its an “evil Superman” story, (Something that people are tired of) it’s really good. It’s a very focused series, has great characterizations, and doesn’t bogged down with its many characters being used from every corner of the DC universe. There are never too many plot threads to follow, and it’s all about the endless war against Superman. Great for new readers as well.

As much as i love injustice, I would recommend some superman comics because I feel like injustice would just ruin superman for them.

1 Like

Nah, just repeatedly encourage people to read non crazy Superman afterwards.

(@WingsOfAether)

12:56pm 9/14/2020

1 Like

Watchmen - The best comic story of all-time.
Knightfall - Bane is my favorite DC villain and it shows why he is Batman’s best enemy because he is both a physical and mental challenge.
Batman: Year One - Great story showing the relationship between Bruce and Jim.
Batman: The Long Halloween - Just one of the best mystery stories in the Detective’s history.
Batman: Court of Owls - Love the intro of a group that has been operating for a long time without Batman knowing.
Superman For All Seasons - My personal favorite Superman story. He has such a great origin and the art, colors, and perspective are all wonderful.
Robin/Batgirl: Year One - Also great stories that will have you appreciating Dick and Barbara.

1 Like

I agree, although as weird as it sounds, I think that Injustice is true to Superman. I don’t think he does anything in injustice that is out of character, I just think that he goes through something extremely traumatic and he slowly descends into the monster we see in the game. I think that Superman wouldn’t get started on that path to begin with, but I think injustice is an fun anomaly. Still agree with the reading other Superman stories first though.

1 Like