What Are You 📚 Reading 📚 for Batman Day 2021?

September 18th is Batman Day, so how are you ringing in The Caped Crusader’s special day in the medium he was birthed in?

Being that this year is the 10th anniversary of The New 52, how about some ongoing Batman and Batman-related titles that helped kick off that noteworthy event?

If you’ve watched your favorite movies and TV shows, or played your favorite video games, to star or co-star Batman and want more, these titles will continue the adventure:

The world of The Dark Knight isn’t limited to just Batman himself. How about some mini-series and ongoings that feature allies and enemies of The Bat?

While Batman claims to be a loner, he’s been in several team and team-up titles over the years. Have a go with adventures featuring The World’s Greatest Detective alongside other heroes:

If you’re in the mood for classic tales, here’s a few suggestions:

Will you be reading any of these titles? Are you reading something else that stars Batman or other characters from his world?

Chime in below with your Batman Day reading plans, Bat-fans!

3 Likes

Yeah, this one. The first issue is already paying off various story threads from the first Burton film that were abandoned by the sequels, and I’m loving it.

1 Like

Did you read #2 yet, or are you waiting for it to be on DCUI?

Waiting.

1 Like

I read it last week, and that last panel…WOW. Who would have guessed Harvey was Bruce Wayne’s dad?

Take that, Messrs. Vader and Skywalker!

2 Likes

I just finished reading the TPB of Batman Dark Detective Future State which was terrific!Batman-Dark-Detective-Promo

1 Like

i have batman fortnite zeropoint from walmart

2 Likes

@odouglasj Neat! I read that trade and liked it alot, too.

@kmassicott660.81560 Nice! The newest batch of Walmart bundles is quite heavy with issues from Batman/Fortnite.

It makes sense that given how successful the series was, DC would want to get it in front of Walmart customers who hadn’t already read the book.

Thats a cool variant. Which bundle was that issue in?

1 Like

@kmassicott660.81560 - I’ve been meaning to check out the Batman/Fortnite series! I’ve heard it’s stellar!

@Vroom - BTW - I read the Superman Future State TPB as well and enjoyed their innovative plots and narratives! Excellent art as well. Superman of Metropolis story line is compelling and the take on Superman’s sacrifice on Warworld is thought provoking.

2 Likes

@odouglasj Future State’s good stuff, that’s for sure.

I’ve most enjoyed the Catwoman, Harley, Shazam and Wonder Woman (yay for Yara!) series.

I can’t say which Superman-related title of the group is my favorite as I haven’t read them all yet, but my fandom for Yara Flor makes me lean toward Superman/Wonder Woman.

1 Like