What Are You Doing to Celebrate Batman Day?

With Batman Day on the horizon, I have to ask: What are your plans to celebrate the Dark Knight. With all of the comics, movies and TV shows on DC Universe, surely there’s no shortage of way to have fun on this day. Right now my plans include:

-Catching up on current issues of Detective Comics
-Watching some of my favorite episodes from Batman the Animated Series/New Adventures, Batman Beyond, The Batman and Batman the Brave and the Bold.
-Finishing and then uploading my latest Batman centered YouTube video that honors the Dark Knight’s very first appearance
-Popping in Arkham City for a while
-Punching clowns in the face.
-Okay, so that last one is both illegal and impractical, but you get the point.

So, what’s on your agenda?

14 Likes

Yeah, punch a clown! Take that Sticky The Clown! We got your “honk honk” right here, Shakes! Sniff this Bozo! You’re cancelled again Krusty!

Moving on…

Comixology has a Batman Day sale going on right now, but I’ve yet to see anything worth buying (great deals though). If the Batman: Kings of Fear single issues were on sale, I would have yoinked those, but they’re not, so no sale so far.

As I gaze into my Bat-Crystal Ball, my Batman Day plans are looking to be:

-read the new trade edition of Batman: Hush
-watch Batman: Hush via DCU wink
-watch Batman Forever
-read some 70’s and 80’s issues of 'Tec

Hail to The Bat!

4 Likes

On my shelf I have unread Starlin’s “Batman: The Cult” which I bought like half a year ago. I heard it’s one of the best Batman comics so I hope it will be worthy of Batman Day. I will also definitely watch Batman 1989.
I will probably watch some Batman TAS and Batman Brave and the Bold, start reading Dennis O’Neil’s 70’s run, maybe read some Tomasi’s B&R, reread DC #1000.

1 Like

Definitely reading some books. Hopefully going to a shop or two. And hopefully playing a bit of Arkham Asylum.

2 Likes

Probably watch some BTAS, read some Bronze Age Batman comics, and watch the Scooby-Doo teamup episodes with Batman because why not? Might reread The Long Halloween or something as well.

3 Likes

Not sure yet. But I’ll try to get something Batman related in. Maybe play some more of that DCUO Metal event and watch whatever Bat marathon that will be on TV.

1 Like

Batman Day is literally the day before my birthday, so I imagine there’ll be cakes and presents!

Coincidence?!? Well, yes…but, still.

2 Likes

I’m going to blow through cash like I was Bruce Wayne this Saturday, it’s moving weekend :-1::drooling_face: but I’m going to read Batman tales whenever I get the chance

2 Likes

I’m not sure what I’m going to do I may go to a comic shop to see if they are doing anything. I called this morning but the clerk wasn’t sure other than stuff on sale. I may go to Barnes and Noble I know the are doing something but I think it’s mostly for kids
I am really disappointed that our city isn’t lighting a Bat Signal it kinda takes the wind out of the whole”Keep Portland Weird” thing
At least I know I can find something here and I can watch Batman the movie and Batman Returns

1 Like

Since this is Tornado Soup’s thread, I think we must all vow to watch the 6o’s Bat,man show, specifically those starring Vincent Price as

EGGhead!

4 Likes

@Misfit Ooh, good idea! looks to the Roku Channel’s episode lists for Egghead eps

1 Like

I would watch Batman '89 on the app if it was in here but guess I can just take out my bluray

I’m reading some Batman titles currently. And this Saturday I’m going to do a Batman movie marathon with my girlfriend starting with the 2 Tim Burton films and work my way up to Justice League.

Goong back to the Court of Owls and Batman Eternal and Batman and Robin Eternal. My top 3 Batmans

2 Likes

Three words: Bat. Shaped. Pancakes. :smiley: Batcakes?

To be eaten in bed while binging a few dozen comics, of course.

3 Likes

Eating pancakes in bed while reading comics sounds like the best way to spend a Saturday morning, let alone an entire Saturday.

3 Likes

get to go to work that day, but will wear my black BvS shirt featuring … Diana

in the evening we’ll enjoy some brews and The Dark Knight Rises

3 Likes

I’m going to read some Batman comics here on DCU, build some Batman Lego sets, make some Bat cupcakes, and watch a yet to be determined Batman movie or two.

2 Likes

*Wake up and read a Bat-story that I haven’t read yet on the app.
*Brood
*Watch a couple of bat themed cartoons while eating cereal.
*Somehow work a tire into my daily workout.
*Visit comic shops, support local business, but at a discount.
*Brood
*See Batman exhibit at cartoon art museum.
*Make and eat vichyssoise soup, complain that it’s cold.
*Watch Year One
*Brood

• Go to a party and pretend I’m drunk while sipping ginger ale all night.
2 Likes

Graphic designing several Batman villains