What Are You Currently Reading?

Slowly getting through Knightfall Volume 1. Also as it is released digitally rereading Artemis: Requiem.

7 Likes

I gradually read through the first 55 issues of the '98 Birds of Prey so I could hit the Gail Simone run and not be completely lost, and now I’m in the Gail Simone run and I’m only a little lost! It’s very good.

9 Likes

Awesome! I really like the Dixon era of BoP, but I actually read it after I read Simone’s run, and didn’t really have a problem!

7 Likes

Reading some more Post-Crisis Superman (pre-triangle titles)

Ordway is my fav writer in this era. He does a good job of having Superman be involved in more grounded problems. At least, outside of the Project Cadmus plot.

Roger Stern does that as well. Adventures of Superman #462 is a real stand out issue.

Also read some Hellblazer.
Hellblazer #31 is one of my fav issues of the Delano run. Some very important character building for John.

5 Likes

I have a hunch the first comic book I ever read on my own was a Donald Duck one, probably from around '85 or 86. I’m think Gottfredson’s name was on it somewhere. Those would be fun to revisit sometime.

7 Likes

Wow, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow is every bit as good as I heard. Just picked up the paperback last night, and I’m loving it. I knew it took plot inspiration from True Grit, but I was pleasantly surprised that it also borrows the narrator’s voice. And what great artwork! Now I need more Bilquis Evely.

7 Likes

I love the duck comics. I have two darkwing duck #1s, 1 to sell and 1 to keep. Don Rosa is another good one to read.

6 Likes

Currently, I am making my way through my Silver Age Challengers of the Unknown. Whacky fun from an era heavily influenced by the Batman TV show. Excellent Bob Brown artwork.

5 Likes

I am reading Codename: Knockout and it is exactly what you think it will be if you look at the covers. Non-DC, I am reading Red Sonja and that is pretty good. The story seems to be going in a circle but I am only 14 issues in.

6 Likes

Mister Miracle and the source of freedom

Really liked this introduction to awhile better than future states. A great story. Enjoyed the characters and mystery of it. Felt very much like tv show. Hope we see more of him.

3 Likes

Same titles:

Batgirls
Harley Quinn: Legion Of Bats
Gotham City: Year One (this really got good- I need to see a Slam Bradley/J’onn J’onzz team up now)
Nightwing
World’s Finest (2023)
Titans United: Bloodpact

Finished up the Year One arc of Deathstroke Incorporated. OMG Slade- you are such a tool. :roll_eyes: You are THE WORST husband/father of all time, and that’s saying something considering that you share a universe with R’as and Cluemaster. Ugh.

7 Likes

After watching Aquaman here on the watch alongs, I was inspired to check out some new Aquamans, so I reread the Urban Legends #17 team up with Batman, Aquaman, and Mera - not too bad, especially the art by Serg Acuna, but not that great, either. I also tried the Aquaman/Flash: Voidsong elseworlds miniseries by Lanzig and Kelly, and while the art felt a tad bit underbaked, and the writing wasn’t always the strongest, it’s a very solid comic. Exactly what I love having this service for - solid comics to read and discover! (Thanks to helpful twitter account Aquaverse for the recs!)

5 Likes

Just finished reading Batman: White Knight Presents: Harley Quinn,

Props to Katana Collins for writing a Harley that doesn’t annoy the crap out of me I really like this version of Quinn.

7 Likes

Finishing up reading this arc of The Flash. :flash_hv_1:

It’s funny when I saw this variant cover last night how it was me tonight after a long week at the planet. :joy: :flash_hv_5: :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

I’m currently working through the history of Batgirl. Starting from the first appearance to now.

6 Likes

Batman & The Outsiders: Lesser Gods. My g/f got it for me

6 Likes

Woot-woot!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

Just finished One Dark Knight

7 Likes

Wonder Woman Black and Gold

Amazing art and great fun stories. I’d say the antipone (probably buthcuered that​:sweat_smile:) with young Diana was my favorite. Also enjoy the super hamster one. And the seas beast one.

7 Likes

Don’t Fear The Reaper by Stephen Graham Jones, sequel to My Heart Is A Chainsaw.

4 Likes