What Are You Currently Reading?

I agree that Slade is a bad person, and he is an absentee father, but I would not call him a narcissist. Narcissists are people that only care about themselves, but Slade, even if he is a bad person, genuinely cares about his family. Although what he did in The Judas Contract was evil, the entire reason he did what he did is that he believed the Teen Titans were responsible for his son’s death.

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to read Shadow War, since I’ve seen lots of people on here discussing it. So I’m currently reading through Robin and Deathstroke, Inc. before I get to that. It’s outside what I normally read, so it’s fun!

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it.

4 Likes

Precisely. A narcissist is someone more like The Riddler or if you wanna think outside comics…Kanye West, lol.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman Heartless

6 Likes

Hmmm, what be that?

5 Likes

Mandrake’s art on Firestorm is great.

5 Likes

An audiobook! It’s a quick one. I’m enjoying it. :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I’m also on a Wonder Woman read. :wonderwoman:

Specifically these books. :books:

Be careful what you wish for… :fearful: :eyes:

7 Likes

Batgirls
Harley Quinn Animated Series: Legion Of Bats
World’s Finest (2022)
Titans United
Gotham City Year One
Deathstroke Inc

:smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

I just upgraded to the Ultra plan, so there is A LOT I’m trying to read. A lot of them are surprisingly connected to the Batman mythos in one way shape or form. But of the currently ongoing titles I’m reading, they are:

Wonder Woman
Batman
Nightwing
Batgirls
Harley Quinn: Legion of Bats
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing
Batman Incorporated

7 Likes

Batman The World

Very great read. Fun and interesting stories with beautiful art throughout. Just a great global celebration of the Bat.

They should do this with other heroes. A Supes or WW would be cool.

6 Likes

I am still re-reading the Vertigo Constantine Hellblazer run. I got to the Ennis stories and hit a wall and have never actually read any Ennis Constantine. I also have to admit I’m forcing myself a bit to plow throw these chronologically. I’m not at all a fan of horror in any medium and this era of Vertigo had a lot of that, because apparently mature meant blood and gore to Karen Berger or her collection of Brits. It’s also what put me off of the first years worth of Sandman.

I picked up and really enjoyed the Archive of Worlds collected TPB by Greg Pak but I read this when I ride public transit as I own the digital copy and stuck it on my phone, so I’m about at the halfway point. I baby sat recently so I read the Legion of Super Pets Mxy tie-in novel to my sisters brats and was underwhelmed. I think Mxy would be a good character for a sequel but i doubt they will green light one, that voice cast was just way too expensive for what they movie made, especially when they could have used some less expensive people for some of those voices.

I’ve also picked up and read a random collection of LoSH, Jimmy Olson, Superboy and similar GA and SA floppies when I just want something quick and dirty, of a one shot nature to read. I really wish DC would get around to cleaning up and digitizing some of their 80 page giants, what’s available is very limited compared to what exists.

4 Likes

Really enjoy Adam Hughes’ Justice League art.

7 Likes

Blue and Gold doing their own Fyre Festival decades early! True trendsetters!

6 Likes

Oh. Oh no. I’m so, so sorry. I absolutely love Wonder Woman and that writer’s run, whose work I love in other places, was… very, very, very not enjoyable for me. I ended up just skimming the last few issues as I couldn’t take another “Angel” comment or Jason appearance. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Hello there Ivrione. :wave: :sunglasses:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. :smile:

I actually don’t mind Steve calling Wonder Woman that as that is something my parents do. :sweat_smile:

Jason is an interesting case. :thinking:

Here’s how I’ve reacted to Jason through this run up to those last stories. :clark_hv_4:

Summary
  • Wonder Woman has a twin brother!? :astonished:
  • Huh, he definitely needs some training from Wonder Woman on how to behave. :sweat_smile:
  • Nice, he wants to be a hero. :superhero:
  • And he sacrificed himself as a hero does… I feel for you Wonder Woman! :pleading_face:

Now, it’s onto finishing up this run of Suicide Squad books and then seeing how this next team up with Wonder Woman goes. :00_suicide_squad: :wonderwoman: :batparrot:

5 Likes

Oh, totally fair on all counts! I absolutely loved Robinson’s work with the JSA. I think that excitement from seeing he was going to write WW and then having it be… not at all what I was hoping was part of my problem, too. Like, if you’re a Steve Trevor fan or an Oddfellows fan, it is probably a great run. I really don’t like either. Jason I found… not so great either. Between Jason and Steve it really seemed to relegate Diana to 3rd string in her own book which hurt any appreciation I could have had, too. It definitely felt like a breath of fresh air when things changed. That being said, I still adore The Golden Age, Starman, the JSA shorts, and so many other things Robinson has done so I’ll focus on those! Generally speaking I try to always stay positive, but sometimes there are… hiccups in the plan. If you had shared my take on things, I would have been all-in on encouraging you to power through and make it to the exciting ensuing arcs! I’m glad you’re enjoying it though! :black_heart:

6 Likes

Superman Triangle Era books. With Death of Superman’s anniversary issue coming out, it inspired me to go back to that era.

Not without it’s gaps on DCUI, but still pretty comprehensive. Love being able to read this without having to dig through multiple longboxes.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/collections/story-superman-triangle-era

8 Likes

Nice, I will have to check those out. :jsa_book_club:

Oh yeah, I totally get that. No worries there. :sunglasses: :+1:

I also do my best to try to do this and yeah I’ve seen some hiccups as well. :sweat_smile:

Oh nice! Definitely looking forward to reading. :nerd_face:

Thank you Ivrione! All the best to you, and have a great week! :superman_hv_3:

5 Likes