What Are You Currently Reading?

r we about to get a hawkman rant lol

2 Likes

Yea! King Shark #1 was awesome!

3 Likes

Been on a Batman Beyond binge recently, but wanted to get the full story so I’m currently reading The New 52: Futures End. It’s pretty good so far.

3 Likes

The witching hour was so good

1 Like

I am currently working my way through Grant Morrison’s Animal Man.

2 Likes

I started on Wonder Woman’s 2006 series and there was a crossover with Manhunter (2004). I knew nothing about this character but I liked the issues with Diana so much that I went back and have started this series from the beginning. Kate Spencer is awesome! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just read all of Ridley Scott’s “Second Son” series here on DCUI (well, the first 10 issues; couldn’t wait so I bought issues 11 and 12). Was better than I expected, and gave good insight into Jace Fox’s background and how/why he will become “The Next Batman”. Decided to add “I Am Batman” to my Comixology subscriptions. Between Jace, Jon, and Yara, I’m hoping for some fun new Trinity interaction in the years to come.

3 Likes

Just finished Paul Dini’s run on Zatanna. What a fun book! I never knew how much I needed Zatanna in my nerd life!
I have been delving more into the DC magic users, started with New 52 Justice League Dark and thought that was ok, lost it’s mojo midway. But it was a start. Also reading Hellblazer. And Robin solo. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The New 52 is unfairly criticized and hated, in my opinion, and has been a wonderful introduction to DC comics for me.

As for what I’m reading right now:

• All of Future State
  • Gotham Central
  • Sweet Tooth: The Return
  • Static: Season One
  • Icon and Rocket: Season One
  • Hardware: Season One
  • Legends of the Dark Knight
  • The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox (Director’s Cut)
  • The Next Batman: Second Son
  • Truth & Justice
  • Suicide Squad: King Shark
  • Batman/Catwoman
  • Batman: Curse of the White Knight
  • Batman Black & White
  • Harley Quinn: The Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour
  • Man-Bat
2 Likes

I just read issue #11 and will wait to read issue #12 next week when it drops on here but I have LOVED ‘The Next Batman: Second Son’ so far. Excellent writing, artwork and storytelling and has made ‘Future State: The Next Batman’ that much more enjoyable. I am definitely going to read ‘I Am Batman’ when it drops on here.

2 Likes

Agreed. All been great even since I posted that!!!

2 Likes

I still have yet to finish Bombshells and Birds of Prey: Murder and Mystery… it’s been nearly a year! :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Survive The Night by Riley Sager.

2 Likes

My notes on my rogues so I can discover how to reform them.

3 Likes

Currently reading through Dark Knight III The Master Race (really been digging Frank Miller’s writing). I’m also thinking of re-reading Doomsday Clock and Three Jokers because I really love those books. In terms of non-comics, I am reading the book on the Release the Snyder Cut movement. Such a fascinating story.

2 Likes

All the new Milestone books, Black Orchid, Wonder Woman Black & Gold.

#milestone-comics #black-orchid-1988 #wonder-woman

3 Likes

New Teen Titans vol 11: End Of An Era (at least that what it says on the cover IDK if that’s the actual title)

I am currently reading vol1 of Batman and Robin: The Complete Silver Age Dallies and Sundays Newspaper Comics: 1966-1967. Written and rendered to emulate the style of Batman 66, it masterfully succeeds in its attempt to capture the zany campiness of the classic TV show. You check your brain at the door, sit down, and have some fun. Comic books and fun, what a concept!

3 Likes

I’m reading Superman and the Authority. I’m about to begin Issue 3. :smiley:

1 Like

I am currently reading Strange Adventures and V for Vendetta which are two amazing comics.

2 Likes