What Are You Currently Reading?

I am halfway through the new 52 Green Lantern.

4 Likes

I’m trying to read the Final Crisis Omnibus, and I’m at “Final Crisis: Revelations”, and it is so unabashedly thinly-veiled Christian mythology that I feel like I’m in Bible study. The Specter is an embodiment of the Christian God’s Vengeance?! They’re raising the Biblical Cain?! There is dialogue quoting from the Judeo-Christian Bible?! Seriously?! I’ll push through in the hopes that Greg Rucka is just a TERRIBLE writer and his Christian agenda will fall into the background.

5 Likes

Joker number 2. enjoying that it’s a James gordan book instead of a book staring joker. I also just got my copies of Kingdom Kong and Godzilla domination (hay warner brothers owns the distributing rights)

5 Likes

Larfleeze

5 Likes

Finished the Joker War. Really liked it. Just captured the Bat and Joker relationship really well and how it’s changed I’ve the years. The tie ins were eh. The first Batgirl one was amazing. The rest weren’t really tie ins. Red Hoods was a quick one. Detectives were side stories. Nightwing had the most but was a big side story too. Catwomans was nicely connected.They weren’t all bad but a little wonky with the order. As for the core it was great. Puchline was great. Someone who doesn’t want to fix Joker but let out his chaos. But she doesn’t get it all about Bats not the chaos. Clown hunter is interesting. Curious to see where he goes. Nice bat fam scenes. And the Harley stuff with bats was great. And the Alfre scene of Bruce excepting his death was phenomenal. And jokers with Bane was great. In one moment made the villain based off strength look like the weakest thing in there. Bruce is done with Jokers games for now and a new era in Gotham has begun.

Also red Detective 1027. Great stories. I like the birthday one the most. Just another Greta Bat and J story. The mystery with Bat fam was greta we need more Bat fam. And Gordon sun one was nice. Just a nice look at there relationship. Overall nice read.

2 Likes

To be fair, this concept predates Rucka.

5 Likes

I’ve been missing Young Animal, so I re-read the Milk Wars crossover and then continued with the Eternity Girl miniseries (which I couldn’t afford to pick up when it was first published). Both were great.

6 Likes

Currently going back through Nightwing (2016-).

5 Likes

The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage

Next will be Cry for Justice

6 Likes

After putting it off for over a year, I’ve finally commenced on what I’m calling my JSEighties reading project: for the next several months, I’ll be reading All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc. and Young All-Stars. Along the way I’ll also be reading:

• The '80s JLA/JSA team-ups
  • America vs. the Justice Society
  • Jonni Thunder
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths (yes, finally), along with a few associated tie-in issues
  • Last Days of the Justice Society Special
  • Select issues of Secret Origins (1986) focusing on Golden Age characters
  • History of the DC Universe

I’ve been wanting to read these series basically since I first signed up here/got into comics, but for one reason or another I kept putting it off. But I finally decided to take the plunge. I just started A.S.S. and I’m loving it so far. I just love all of those characters and I love spending time in that world.

7 Likes

I finished Green Lantern and read Nightwing’s first mini series. I am now reading the 80s Suicide Squad.

5 Likes

Dude, I went on a Rascally Roy bender none to long ago. That cat wrote some mega-dense, wordy reads but I loved every minute. Even went closet diving to dig up the LAST DAYS OF THE JSA print since,sadly, its not here. ENJOY YOUR RIDE AROUND EARTH-2!

7 Likes

Been reading the Man of Steel miniseries from John Bryne and catching up on Wonder Woman Rebirth.

7 Likes

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies, Identity Crisis, modern origin of Power Girl

6 Likes

Jiminez’s run on Wonder Woman, having finished on Eric Lukes Wonder Woman run for my big reread

Also Truth & Justice. Ive been really enjoying the Vixen story that takes up the first three issues of this. Makes me want a Global Guardians book with her as the lead.

6 Likes

Reading Kirby’s New God’s for the fifth time this month.

6 Likes

Finally got to read issue 3 of The Other History of the DC Universe and man, this series is something special.

5 Likes

Finished Supergirl Rebirth run and it was a nice run. The National city high school stuff was fun and really interesting but then she decided to go on a space adventure when stuff was picking up. Okay the space adventure was cool and stuff starts picking up to a quick ending to go back and connect with leviathan. Then before that even begins to pick up she’s going through the infection story. It seemed every time Superman or DC had an event she had her story cut off to connect with it.

Overall the run was still great with nice art taking a nice look at what it means to not just Be Supergirl but Kara as well while showing that she isn’t just a copy of Superman being a survivor of krypton and adjusting to earth but being a survivor who actually had a life on krypton remember it and now dealing with that loss and change.

Also finished Batgirl Rebirth as well. Very nice run. The start of Batgirl i Japan was fun. Interesting seeing her in a new environment. Then back to Burnside with her friends and company to have that be taken and that story never to be scene again as year of the villain took over with the battle with Oracle witch was awesome™:+1:. And a nice look at the power of Oracle as a physical manifestation. The new costumes and back to gotham was nice. Probably my favorite BG costume. But she moves on to reinventing Barbara and issues with her family Jim and James. To work for the people and get in a love story with an old ally for it to be for nothing. Then pulled into joker war which as I said cool story but felt it took away from her finale a bit. Also found it odd she would hate Jim for being infected it not like he did it on purpose. But the last issues were nice with some fun stories and a wrap. Did feel it suffered a bit from the same issue as SG by being thrown into stuff.

Overall great run with great Art taking a nice look into Barbara as character and what it mean to be both Batgirl and Oracle.

Funny how BG and SG had similar themes in there runs :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Currently reading Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth: up to #11 now.

4 Likes

I finished the Sinestro Corps War. I’m taking a momentary break from DC comics (not out of dissatisfaction, more due to wanting to dig into some of the many other things I have on my plate!). I just finished reading Leiji Matsumoto’s Captain Harlock. Continuity is loose but I quite like Harlock. I look forward to reading more of the Leijiverse.

I’m starting to read Mark Schultz’s Xenozoic Tales now- you may know it better as “Cadillacs and Dinosaurs”. Wonderful pulpy storytelling with some truly excellent artwork.

5 Likes