What Are You Currently Reading?

I’ve been re-reading Oliver Queen’s last arc in Green Arrow (1988), but today I discovered the final issue (101) is not available on DC Universe Infinite. So the story on here ends with this:

(I really thought 100 was the last issue in the story)

2 Likes

Green Arrow #101 can be found in Green Arrow: 80 Years of the Emerald Archer The Deluxe Edition, freely available on hoopla: https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/14050803

2 Likes

Alright so I just started reading the Flash rebirth series. It’s alright so far. I was never that big of a fan of the Flash, but the art is nice and I’ve def grown warmer to him as a character.

4 Likes

Going back to Ex Machina!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Hoopla is my go-to source for stuff that’s not available on DCU Infinite, but I didn’t even think to check there because I wasn’t aware the issue was in any collections.

3 Likes

In case you haven’t seen it yet, may I humbly recommend my Digitized Comics Unavailable (or in Alternate Locations) on DC Universe Infinite: A Directory thread? I’ve created a comprehensive guide to where all of the digitized comics that aren’t available on DCUI can be found.

3 Likes

Finished JLO
Really enjoyed this story. Such a great team with twist turns space gods monsters time travel and more. Such a sweet ending. Man I really liked this team.

Also Batman and the Outsiders 2019.

Pretty nice read with cool moments. Like the focus in Black Lightning in it. Overall a nice read but a little fast.

2 Likes

I started reading Superman Red & Blue (I only really bought it for the Amano cover). Honestly, the first two stories were such downers I slipped it back into the plastic and don’t want to bother again.

I also just read Paul Dini’s Dark Night: A True Batman Story for the second time. Both times I’ve read through it in a single sitting. Brilliant work and something I’d recommend both to creatives and those dealing with trauma.

2 Likes

I’m reading a few things. The first is Gail Simone’s Secret Six. So far it has been a pretty great series. Most of the characters were unknown to me before starting this. I especially like how the villains are very evil. There is no question about it, or some narrative about how they are just misunderstood. Nope, they’re evil.
I am making my way through the original Hellblazer. I love the atmosphere of this comic. It reminds me so much of the Sandman comics I read years ago.
Finally, I am starting to make my way through Swamp Thing. I’m still on the first issue of where Alan Moore took over, so I don’t have much of an opinion yet.

3 Likes

Just Finished reading the #1 of Batman:ZeroPoint , waiting for the #2

3 Likes

Madame Xanadu.

4 Likes

All-Star Section Eight

3 Likes

For the past couple of months Wally, Kyle, Connor and Dick from the great legacy comics of the '90’s. Compelling, thoughtful comics that built upon the past instead of trying to tear it down. Books that eschewed nihilism and celebrated hope.

3 Likes

Got the first issue of the new Robin book today. I like it so far! The Enter The Dragon-esque premise seems like a fun start.

Finished the Knight & Squire trade paperback last night. It was a lovely experience and I recommend it to anyone that likes comics. Jumping into New 52 Aquaman too.

3 Likes

I am halfway through the new 52 Green Lantern.

2 Likes

I’m trying to read the Final Crisis Omnibus, and I’m at “Final Crisis: Revelations”, and it is so unabashedly thinly-veiled Christian mythology that I feel like I’m in Bible study. The Specter is an embodiment of the Christian God’s Vengeance?! They’re raising the Biblical Cain?! There is dialogue quoting from the Judeo-Christian Bible?! Seriously?! I’ll push through in the hopes that Greg Rucka is just a TERRIBLE writer and his Christian agenda will fall into the background.

3 Likes

Joker number 2. enjoying that it’s a James gordan book instead of a book staring joker. I also just got my copies of Kingdom Kong and Godzilla domination (hay warner brothers owns the distributing rights)

3 Likes

Larfleeze

3 Likes

Finished the Joker War. Really liked it. Just captured the Bat and Joker relationship really well and how it’s changed I’ve the years. The tie ins were eh. The first Batgirl one was amazing. The rest weren’t really tie ins. Red Hoods was a quick one. Detectives were side stories. Nightwing had the most but was a big side story too. Catwomans was nicely connected.They weren’t all bad but a little wonky with the order. As for the core it was great. Puchline was great. Someone who doesn’t want to fix Joker but let out his chaos. But she doesn’t get it all about Bats not the chaos. Clown hunter is interesting. Curious to see where he goes. Nice bat fam scenes. And the Harley stuff with bats was great. And the Alfre scene of Bruce excepting his death was phenomenal. And jokers with Bane was great. In one moment made the villain based off strength look like the weakest thing in there. Bruce is done with Jokers games for now and a new era in Gotham has begun.

Also red Detective 1027. Great stories. I like the birthday one the most. Just another Greta Bat and J story. The mystery with Bat fam was greta we need more Bat fam. And Gordon sun one was nice. Just a nice look at there relationship. Overall nice read.

1 Like

To be fair, this concept predates Rucka.

3 Likes