What Are Some GOOD Superhero Mysteries?

Oh man… Broken City. Beautiful Eduardo Risso art on that. Also, it’s kind of supernatural, but Batman: Dark Knight Dark City is pretty solid.

2 Likes

The last year’s Event Leviathan series would fit the bill. I would have to also recommend some of the Jonah Hex stories and even the new Lois Lane series.

3 Likes

The “Who Is Sensor Girl?” storyline in the Legion of Super-Heroes was a big deal back in the day. The mystery ran for a year (issues #14-27; LSH Volume 3) before Sensor Girl’s identity was revealed. I believe many readers hoped that Sensor Girl was actually a time displaced Supergirl (who had just died in the Crisis on Infinite Earths).

I still like Sensor Girl’s original costume design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Is_Sensor_Girl%3F

1 Like

You know, I can’t believe I forgot about them, but there were all those excellent one issue mysteries from the Paul Dini Detective Comics run.

1 Like

Batman eternal never gets talked about but it’s an amazing read.

1 Like

I’ve heard it get flack before and I haven’t revisited it in a while but I really liked Identity Crisis.

Agreed. I went in blind never heard any reviews or any opinions on it. I just decided to read it for no reason and when I started I couldn’t stop. All the investigating that was going on and nothing adding up I just had to know what happened. It’s by far one of my favorite stories because I couldn’t put it down.

2 Likes

Oh, and Sandman Mystery Theatre has plenty of murder mysteries.

3 Likes

I LOVE Mystery Theatre. A great underrated Vertigo gem that is unfortunately often overshadowed by a certain other comic called Sandman. Matt Wagner does beautiful art, but he’s an equally competent writer.

3 Likes