Welcome To Meta Madhouse 2020: Tournament of Terror!

Well I submitted my bracket and there’s no going back, between Harley Quinn and the Penguin, I had to pick Penguin. Let’s face it, there’s no such thing as perfect bracket and this is all just for fun!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah. I picked a little bit to win. If I wanted for fun the winner would have been Kite Man HELL YEAH!!!

6 Likes

Condiments King will probably win, however I REFUSE to vote against my boy Eobard Thawne.

7 Likes

Let us not forget that Nightwing won out of pure ridiculousness. He defeated Barry, Darkseid, and Doc Fate.

8 Likes

What they didn’t tell us was that it was a best butt contest. That’s how he won!

9 Likes

Then why was Fate there?

5 Likes

I think you know.

5 Likes

Exactly!!! I’ve been saying that same thing for nearly a year. Darkseid got robbed last year.

But this year, with the way the brackets fall. Reverse-Flash.

7 Likes

I think Dr Fate was his elite 8 matchup. I seem to recall he beat out Darkseid and then Flash in the final four.

4 Likes

A proper bracket format is all about the matchups and when they occur. I’ve got Anti-Monitor going down to Trigon in the second round.

You can find the breakdown here:

6 Likes

My matchup choices led me to Superboy Prime winning it all.

7 Likes

Superboy Prime taking out Doomsday in the first round. A bold choice. But, if Blackfire takes out Trigon in the first round (Which would be an upset) and Zod making it to that elite 8 matchup you are in with a shot. (IMO)

That’s the thing though, in a 1 & done tournament, upsets happen. Historically, in the NCAA tournament, a one of the 12 seeds usually takes out one of the 5 seeds in the first round. In 2018, 16 seed University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) took out 1 seed Virginia. People had said for over 40 years. a 16 taking out 1 would literally never happen and it never had, until 2018, when it did. Vegas put it as a 20-1 odds bet. (That’s big odds on a college basketball bet.) Some offshore, online betting establishments had it at 25-1.

It’s the beauty of a tournament like Meta Madhouse, upsets will happen, brackets will get busted and some will get revived on a flier some picked at random or even as a joke. Every emotion comes into play. It’s exhilarating and nerve racking all at the same time.

4 Likes

Bold, but I believe he could do it. Superboy Prime because a threat on a universal scale. Doomsday’s difficult to kill, but he can be killed.

In my bracket, Zod doesn’t make it past the first round, lol. I do believe Zod is powerful, but he is first and foremost a Kryptonian, and Kryptonian’s are vulnerable to magic, and I feel Black Adam could easily take the victory from him.

Honestly, I feel the ones to watch are Prime, Reverse-Flash, Owlman, and Brainiac

5 Likes

Will be watching the whole thing with great excitement!!!

6 Likes

Based on my prediction of the popular vote, my final four are

Harley
vs
Doomsday

Catwoman
vs
Deathstroke

6 Likes

Mine was Harley Vs Waller. I trust this community’s weirdness.

4 Likes

I’ve got Waller going out first round against Black Mask, but she’s definitely getting my vote, so I hope you’re right!

3 Likes

The Lazarus Pit is something to consider this year. Each bracket having someone from DC/DCU watching over the bracket so a sheer popularity vote might not work in all cases. Because of this, fans might be more prone to looking at the actual matchups than last year.

I don’t think HQ will make it to the final four. Especially if she goes up against Reverse-Flash in the Elite 8 and Echo uses his Lazarus Pit on Reverse-Flash.

6 Likes

But they choose who they are saving before it starts. They probably already chose one person each and when they get out that will be their only save. I think it will just be characters they like that they think might not have much of a chance. For instance Brian Michael Bendis likes Thalia al ghul as a character and she goes up against deathstroke first so he may choose her to get her into top eight.

2 Likes

It’s possible, but I hope they use it as more a character protection for a matchup where one is clearly the likely winner, but, the character popularity comes into play to much. (We had a few of those last year Have them be there and get used for a reason besides “I can play god”. (Which I wouldn’t out past Bendis but I digress)

I don’t think we’ll see all 4 LP cards getting played, I certainly hope not. And if Talia got LP’d vs Deathstroke, she’d go out in the second round anyway.

There is a lot of clamoring for “realism/grounding” in comics. I’d hope that would come into play in Meta Madhouse especially in the early rounds.

3 Likes