Welcome To Meta Madhouse 2020: Tournament of Terror!

Just a few hours left to submit your predictions for a chance to win 2 tickets to the Wonder Woman 1984 premiere, + flight & hotel! Now until 9:00am PST :muscle: Click here to let us know Who Would Win, and get on the leaderboards!

You’ve heard the announcement.

You’ve read all about what Meta Madhouse is, the full breakdown of the rules, the submissions, the Lazarus Pit Save.

Maybe you’ve even already submitted your predictions of who you think will win for a chance to win 2 tickets to the premiere of Wonder Woman 1984.

Now…DISCUSS YOUR PREDICTIONS!

DECRY THE LAZARUS PIT!

Become one with META MADHOUSE: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR! :fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:

You can start by showing off your team pride with one of these terrifying emblems and profile frames:

No strong opinion? No problem! Celebrate all the teams with the ultimate Tournament of Terror profile:

Is your champion in House Darkseid? The megacorps of Lex Luthor? Come March 6th, friends will become enemies, enemies comrades, and nothing will be what it seems. Welcome to… META MADHOUSE: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR!

26 Likes

Awesome! @DC_Community. I’m so excited! Can’t wait to see the characters!

7 Likes

I am not confident if it is who will win in a fight but for fan favorite I feel good about my picks.

10 Likes

Love it!! Great job setting this up.

There’s no way Selina is harming that good kitty!

15 Likes

Awesome it’s back voted and can’t wait.

7 Likes

I think that it was good they told us who can save one for which group. Knowing someone likes a certain character that others might not was helpful.

6 Likes

I’m confident in my picks because I chose the most hilariously improbable, popularity-fueled victories I could think of.

Pursuant to that logic, the final matchup will obviously be Harley vs. Catwoman. Like, no one else has anything even close to a chance and it’s rather pointless that any of the others are even in the bracket. From there, it was important to my faith in humanity that Catwoman wins that fight, so I chose her as ultimate victor.

9 Likes

This was a lot harder picking than I thought it would be because I’m sure there’s going to be a combination of people voting for who they actually think would win vs those voting for their favorites. Or voting nonsense just to be difficult (you know who you are!)

I’m sure this will go the same way as all my March Madness brackets and I’ll be busted in the first week. But, hey, at least I know more about comic books than college basketball!

11 Likes

Also, Amanda Waller and Bronze Tiger so don’t count as villains.

7 Likes

I kind of disagree, she sends people on suicide missions against their will in some cases. I mean you could argue it’s for the greater good, but it still tastes wrong.

7 Likes

I was thrill to see the Penguin, to me Penguin all the way the winner! Go Cheetah team!:grinning::penguin:

6 Likes

This really more than I could have hoped for. We actually have a real bracket system this year!!!

There were some really tough matchups. The ones you agonize over. Getting two of the most powerful characters in the bracket likely meeting in the second round for example.

This is gonna be awesome!!
I’m sure there’s gonna be plenty of smack talk but remember, everybody is entitled to their opinion so let’s keep it respectful and with Community Guidelines.

And to start it off
Catwoman is going out in the first round to Dex-Starr. A whip versus a rage filled cat with a red lantern ring…bye bye Selina.

My deepest thanks to @Applejack and the entire team for their work on this. You folks exceeded my expectations on what we could get in MM Year 2.

16 Likes

I put Harley as the winner. In terms of popularity she is the best choice. My final 4 are Harley, Anti-Monitor, Brainiac, and Gorilla Grodd (should have done Catwoman but it should be fine)

3 Likes

Who are the two powerful ones facing each other in round two?

2 Likes

I think that it is mainly popularity and not who will win in a fight. At least that’s what I chose my picks on.

6 Likes

That popularity thing is exactly why I had Catwoman over Dex-Starr.

Plus, cats like her.

4 Likes

Last year the first and second rounds were much more even in many cases about who would win vs sheer popularity. Once we got to the Sweet 16, that when popularity really kicked in.

3 Likes

I know but that was heroes. Villains range in power and ability by who they mainly fight. A Batman villain like scarecrow or penguin would never beat Mr Nobody or Reverse Flash. This was gonna be a popularity contest anyway. If not Anti Monitor would be clear winner.

3 Likes

And now for the shame plug…
The Psychology of Supervillains Club as our own thread going for all of Meta Madhouse. When it comes down to many of these matchups: cunning, ruthlessness and who hhas thhe psychological edge could make the difference.
That thread can be found here:
The Psychology of Supervillains - Meta Madhouse Special Edition

6 Likes

My two predictions for the finals were her and Harley. Nobody beats Waller and I sure as heck know she can beat Brainiac. That was in NO Justice.

6 Likes