Welcome to DC Universe's Meta Madhouse!

Happy March! In the spirit of goodhearted rivalry that permeates this month, DC Universe hereby proudly presents its first-ever Meta Madhouse!

This month-long competition will see four of the World Greatest Super Heroes – Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Shazam – each form and coach a team, the members of which will, over the course of a week, compete amongst themselves in a series of one-on-one match-ups to select a champion. After four weeks, each team’s champion will compete in a final championship, from which only one victor will emerge. Fans are invited to vote on the winner of each team’s one-on-one match-ups, and then the ultimate champion in week 5!

We’ll announce the first one-on-one match-ups, for Wonder Woman’s team, on Monday, March 11th. Then the fun, and voting, begins on Tuesday, March 12th.

Check out the full article in our News section to find out the teams for each week, and see the logos for Wonder Woman’s Warriors, Superman’s Aliens , Batman’s Vigilante’s, and Shazam’s Sorcerers. May the best team win!

Link to full article here:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/welcome-dc-universes-meta-madhouse/

42 Likes

How come Aquaman can’t be on a team?

1 Like

@AnimalPerson, we did our best to make sure we didn’t have big heavy hitters like Aquaman on a team, because we felt it would devolve into a popularity contest at that point. That’s why WW, SM, BM, and Shaz are the leaders of the teams, rather than being placed on them properly.

We do understand that there are plenty of participants that are higher on the popularity scale than others, but we did our best to balance the scales.

Plus, there’s always next year!

1 Like

Good call I suppose. I would’ve automatically supported the team with Hal Jordan on it. But he’s nowhere to be seen…

1 Like

I will go with Shazam Or as I will call it Team Swamp Thing

2 Likes

Normally I’d go for Superman, but I’ll go for Shazam this time.

Did you know takes a big bite out of a red apple that he has a movie coming out soon? takes another bite S’true. I saw something on the telly about it.

It’s called Captain Marvel, I think. No wait, it’s called Shazam! takes another bite of his apple Mmm, good apple.

3 Likes

Any team that includes Hoppy The Marvel Bunny has WIN written all over it.

4 Likes

Go to Batman and the Viliantiest

1 Like

@christowhit, did ya hear the one where Hoppy was walking through the Hundred Acre Wood and ran into Elmer Fudd?

1 Like

Wow, I guess Question’s sitting this one out, huh? In that case, I suppose I have to go with the Batclan. Cassandra Cain Forever.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion, I’m sorry!! Out of curiosity, under which category would you place The Question? A Sorcerer, Warrior, Vigilante, or Alien? The closest I can think of is a Vigilante, but even that’s not quite right. He defies categorization!

1 Like

@Applejack In truth, he’s none and all of the above. The Question is alien to his peers, a warrior for truth, a vigilante against a system stacked by criminals and the social elite against the common man, and a sorcerer who sees the connections between all things.

I suppose in such a grand contest of champions, The Question wouldn’t be fighting — he’d be trying to figure out who was behind all of it, and to what end.

2 Likes

Dear Vroom:

Duck Season! :wink:

1 Like

SUPERMAN’S ALIENS!!! LET’S GOOO!!! Is there some kind of a bracket somewhere? Or a list for round 1?

Shazam’s Sorcerers

1 Like

I like how all the teams have an animal teammate… EXCEPT Batman’s :stuck_out_tongue: party pooper.

GO SORCERERS!

3 Likes

Just based on the rosters I think it will be Superman, maybe Shazam. But I’m a Batman, so I’m gonna cheer for my home team

1 Like

@christowhit Rabbit Season!

Can’t wait for this to happen soooo excited

1 Like

Tried to search for the frame on Facebook to add to my profile pic and it’s not there. I also went to DC Universe’s Facebook page and it’s not there… hmm, frustrating