Weekly Art Challenge #67 Submission Thread - October 30 - November 13, 2021 - Doctor Light!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The challenge this week is to choose between good and evil and create fan art with one of the versions of Doctor Light!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: EXTENDED to November 13, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

11 Likes

Since today is Halloween, I still went with the villainous Dr Light. I added shadows to emphasize the light and I think it makes him look even scarier.

15 Likes

Amazing :grinning:

8 Likes

He does look pretty creepy! Nice shadow work on the leg muscles!

Thanks for always being here week in and week out. I do really appreciate it!

8 Likes

Creepy cool Dr Light!!

7 Likes

I am still in the Halloween mode. I went with the Black Lantern version of him.

13 Likes

Doc Light looks fanatstic! The shadow work makes him pop and definitely creepy. Good work with the cape as well.

7 Likes

Awww is this the one you weren’t happy with? He looks creepy af, the eyes or lack of draw me right, And the those chompers!!

6 Likes

Here’s my submission a quick TTG doc Light.

13 Likes

Aww, kinda feel sorry for him here. Great job conveying the emotion! Very nice work!

7 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :pray:

Yeah this was the best of the 2 I did. I am proud of the face and all, but it is just boring. The other was even more boring. Just not interesting to me. I have another idea that should be awesome, just need the time to do it.

6 Likes

This thread is hard to see as a Dibney fan… buuutttttt, regardless, these are some great pieces!

You captured him well in darkness, @ImpulseMaxMercury, and there is definitely an eery vibe to it.

Love the Black Lanterns, @RobArt471, and you’ve captured creepy zombie Doctor Light well.

I think this one captures the ttg iteration well, @stefanie.m, I always felt bad for ‘im.

6 Likes

Very creepy! You really captured the zombie look that I struggle with. The skin texture just gives me chills and I can almost hear the raspy voice

7 Likes

Cute! He looks like he is scared of the dark and brings out his night light. Nice!

6 Likes

:scream: I’m in love

It’s so cute haha yeees!

6 Likes

Nice work Rob! I wouldn’t call it boring at all. You’ve got a lot of detail in the face and the helmet!

7 Likes

Nice Stef! You’ve made him look cute and evil at the same time.

There is a lot of evil Dr Light in this thread. I’ll have to create something with Kimiyo this week!

8 Likes

Thank you! I really enjoyed the darkest night with all my favorite dead characters coming back as awesome zombie lanterns!!

5 Likes

Thanks! Really appreciate your feedback!

6 Likes

:metal:

5 Likes