Weekly Art Challenge #66 Submission Thread - October 23 - 30, 2021 - DCeased!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The challenge this week is to create something inspired by DCeased!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: October 30, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
@DCFanArtClub

Also, if you’ve done any pumpkin carving, don’t forget to post a picture in our October monthly challenge thread !

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

6 Likes

I was initially inspired by the incredibly creepy Batman cover from DCeased.

I then looked at all the covers that homaged famous DC covers but with zombies. I thought it would be interesting to see the scene where Bane breaks Batman’s back but as he is a zombie, he breaks in half, with parts of his vertebrae flying at the viewer.
Here is my reference:

And finally here is my drawing homage:

6 Likes

I am repulsed, in the best possible way.

5 Likes

awesome idea and sketch! :smiley:

5 Likes

Whoa, that is awesome and creepy (awesomely creepy?!?). Great idea and execution.

5 Likes

Thanks! Just the reaction I was looking for!

4 Likes

Thanks! I wanted to capture the look of the original panel and I have not drawn zombies before

4 Likes

Thanks! It was an interesting challenge as I have had trouble drawing zombies before and have it look more realistic

4 Likes

This ended up a bit creepier than I was expecting. Happy Halloween!

8 Likes

Just the right level of creepy! :heart_eyes: :scream:

5 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
That is very awesome™:+1:
Such a cool recreation of the famous break.

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1: WW.
Great expression and very creepy.

3 Likes

I went with some Zombie Love here recreating this Jim Lee Batman Catwoman cover for his 80th.
Really like how it turned out. Enjoyed making this one.

Original

5 Likes

Sweet! Nicely done!

4 Likes

Creepy is right!! Great Job!

3 Likes

Superb work and love the change up to creepy love. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was trying for Firestorm ripping thru the paper(burning it as he touched it) to get you. Let me know what you think. Happy Halloween everyone!! :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern: :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

Awwwww like the movie warm bodies. Really well done and I dont know if its bmans teeth or the blood running down them but hes creepy :+1:

3 Likes

Ooooooo like shes coming right at me. :+1:

4 Likes

Great and terrifying concept!!! :clap:

4 Likes

I definitely get that effect with his clawed hands coming at me. Great expression and flames. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes