Weekly Art Challenge #60 Submission Thread - September 11 - 18, 2021 - Hispanic Heritage!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is National Hispanic Heritage Month. Draw a Hispanic character from anywhere in DC Comics, movies, TV or video games!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: September 18, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

I went with Rosabelle Mendez - Pantha!

There are definitely some similarities between Pantha and Wildcat’s masks. I suppose this is week 2 of my ‘female oversized cat mask’ phase! :grin:

16 Likes

Went with Montoya and Kane

17 Likes

Like the colors you used for this and the shine on her mask plus her hair looks pretty darn good.

9 Likes

Thanks Stef! I appreciate the kind words.

Your pic looks great! I like the layout and Renee’s hand is perfectly done!

9 Likes

Dope :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

nice

7 Likes

I have made Jessica Cruz out of Minecraft. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

For this week’s challenge, I drew one of my favorites from Arrow: Rene Ramirez, Wild Dog (shoutout to Arrowverse Couch Club and @arkhamassassin for cultivating my love of all things Arrow)! He always tried to do the right thing, was a good father, and really became the heart of the team.

I don’t usually do this but as a bonus I’m including my starting drawing that I then went to add shading to. For some reason it reminded me of a coloring book.

15 Likes

Dang thats cool, always love to see the process, and your shading is top notch, also like the pose you have em in.

7 Likes

Great piece! Really dig the lighting on the mask and the hair looks great!

6 Likes

This is well done getting the two figure places properly. That part is really hard along with getting the proportions just right. Really superb job!

6 Likes

Bro!! You are constantly surprising a delighting me with your growth! This is an amazing piece, the detail and shading, heck all of it is fantastic!!

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ve really worked hard at my shading and I’m glad it shows.

7 Likes

Wowowow! Very nice job :+1:

The shading is fantastic :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Great choice @stefanie.m! :grinning: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

doooopppppeeeeeee!!! love it :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

I didn’t participate this week lol​:sweat_smile:

(TBH I forgot :joy:)

7 Likes

Really nice pencil work. I don’t know how you pull off all of those textures, but it looks great.

5 Likes

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1:
Great hair and shine.

Guess the cats part leaked into this weeks weekly challenge :sweat_smile:.

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:
Great scene. Great posing.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:. Your shading is always amazing. And very great details as well.

6 Likes