Weekly Art Challenge #59 Submission Thread - September 4 - 11, 2021 - JSA!

Goofed up his eyes so blacked them all out and used white pastel, not exactly 100% but better than it was lol. Also hes 1 of 2 favorites.

9 Likes

Oooo lovely wild cat. The claws are very nice with the glint in them. And your coloring/shading is on point, including that lip shine well done dude!!!

5 Likes

Nice work! I like that you have them in different poses plus alot of characters! GL is my other favorite member!!

3 Likes

Sweet perspective shot! Nicely done!!

5 Likes

Looks cool as heck to me!!

4 Likes

I love the realism in the Alex Ross covers and figured as they seemed to be used/homaged in the portraits of the original JSA, add to it the fact that John Wesley Shipp is supposed to return as Jay Garrick on Stargirl I had my hook into this week’s assignment!

11 Likes

Whoa! How awesome is that pic!! This is fantastic!! I really don’t know what to say. This is my favorite of yours!!!

5 Likes

Thanks! I’m in my zone with realistic art, and I love Mr Shipp in the role. He was the Flash I grew up on so to see him now as Jay is great. Especially as they have shown he has taken on the Max Mercury role for Impulse on the Flash

5 Likes

@IamBeastBoy08 – love the layout and character selection! Awesome poses and such a fun style! Well done!

@JKoco17 – oh, that’s magnificent! Love your use of a black background to blend her in to the shadows and play with negative space for her hair! Awesome effect!

@stefanie.m – Love the silhouette take! Great choice - it came out beautifully! Is this the Earth 2 version of Wesley, from the New 52 run?

@ImpulseMaxMercury – Very cool realism! Great job on the musculature and shading, and on capturing JWS’s likeness! Great pose!!

5 Likes

No sir this is Sand Hawkins, Wesley’s old partner all grown up. Also thanks!!

4 Likes

I really need to read that era JSA!

4 Likes

@stefanie.m - very nice silhouette. I wasn’t sure who that was at first (you’re very good at stumping me). Nice pick!

@ImpulseMaxMercury - really cool. I can see John Wesley Shipp in that pic! Also really nice hands.

And thank you to @IamBeastBoy08, @stefanie.m, @RobArt471 and @keath. I wasn’t sure I pulled off that dark, shadowy look, but your comments make me feel a lot better about it.

5 Likes

Black Adam:

PS:
This will also be a FanDome sub also. Woot! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Awwww yesssss. Magnificent!

thumbs-up-dwayne-johnson

4 Likes

LOL! I see what you did there! Thank you!

4 Likes

Justice in Jodhpurs…

4 Likes

Really like the flow of the hair, it gives the pose some momentum and balance to go along with the flick of the whip. Great job!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

@RobArt471 - Awesome work! The perspective on the arm and the energy coming off look great. You’re really getting good with the background effect too.

@keath - nice work on the costume. I had to look up jodhpurs, but you nailed the look of those pants!

5 Likes

Thanks!! I was real proud of this one for some reason. All the lighting and everything came together just right for me, all the way down to the highlights in his hair with the whiteout.

3 Likes