Weekly Art Challenge #56 Submission Thread - August 7 - 14, 2021- Classic Suicide Squad!

Gorgeous work! Love the clean style!

6 Likes

I hope you don’t mind but I used a character from the list but not drawn in the way they looked in 1987.
I love drawing likenesses from live action and I felt that the show Arrow (shoutout to @arkhamassassin and his Arrowverse Couch Club!) did a great job with the Suicide Squad before the movies took them back. Michael Jai White did such an amazing job bringing Bronze Tiger to life that I had to draw him. And hey, my first time drawing Stephen Amell as Arrow which was cool!

Here is the reference I used

13 Likes

Didn’t even know this was a thing in tv show verse going to check it out now thanks.

Also wonderful rendition of the two, especially bronze tiger. The pose and his expression are pretty spot on. :+1:

5 Likes

As always I love your ultra realism! You have a great eye for seeing the shadows and converting them into the shading of your characters!
Extra points for crediting your reference!!

Great job, bud! Keep it real and keep drawing!

5 Likes

Shade the changing man

10 Likes

Fantastic work on all three this week @black.ace41.33207! The figure work is dynamic and the lines are really clean. Are you working digitally or is this pen and ink?

5 Likes

Nice work @ImpulseMaxMercury to tie in the Arrowverse. Your work on likenesses continues to shine.

Michael Jai White…isn’t that the same guy who played Spawn in the live action movie?

6 Likes

Thanks Rob. I was trying for a zip-a-tone effect on the outside of the portal and, wouldn’t you know it, there’s a digital brush for that!

5 Likes

Thanks @JKoco17 and everyone else. They are pencil and pen on paper. Here’s count vertigo

11 Likes

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1: Boomerbutt​:sweat_smile:
Cool pose.
And nice Chibi Boomer too.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:
Like the portal effects.

@black.ace41.33207
Very awesome™:+1:
Shade Lahaina and Vertigo look great.
Really liking the Bronze Tiger though. Great posing.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1:
Great recreation. BT was great In that show.

5 Likes

I was deciding between Bronze Tiger and Black Orchid. Couldn’t figure out what to do with BT so went for BO.

Made her doing a Black Orchid flower petal tornado of sorts behind moonlight. Like how this came out. Liked the pedals and the wing design the most.

12 Likes

Yes he also played Spawn in the movie!

4 Likes

Love the colors you have on BO, she really pops through the petalnado. And the moon behind her, its giving me like a bad@^_ anime pose but in your style. Really great work!

4 Likes

This is very cool. I was trying to come up with a design using Black Orchid’s ‘wings’, but then opted for Nightshade’s portal instead. Your Orchid looks much better than what I was even going to attempt. Well done!

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
The colors were definitely a favorite part. And I can see the the anime vibes.

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Yeah the wings were a bit tricky. Took a few tries to get them down :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Thought this wouldn’t take long…2.5 hours later and i still dislike the gauntlet thing and that whole arm lmao :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I like the arrogant look he has on his face like he is all proper but let’s be real, he’s Captain Boomerang! Great job!

5 Likes

So cute! You still kept his mutton chops as well which is great!

5 Likes

I like how she is coming out of the page. Her portal edges even look like tears in the page which is cool! Great job!

5 Likes