Weekly Art Challenge #56 Submission Thread - August 7 - 14, 2021- Classic Suicide Squad!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is the classic 1987 Suicide Squad series. Draw a character from that series that did not appear in the new movie.

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: August 14, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

Behind view

Edit: so reading through # 2 and apparently he’s got boomerangs on his back too? Who knew lol

17 Likes

Great work Stef. I like the look you have in his eyes. Oh, and he stashes extra boomerangs everywhere. He’s probably got some in his boots, belt…maybe even under that hat!

8 Likes

True true but im just used to trench coat version so I imagine that would be a bit awkward, riiiiiiiip lol. Unless they were like small and then after hes got em in hand they go to reg size? :thinking: Hmmmm now I gotta find out lol. And thanks!

7 Likes

Loving the mutton chops!! Nice work on the 80’s look!

7 Likes

Quick little chibi doodle. thanks to watching some anime with my bro over vaca

14 Likes

Here’s a 1987 Nightshade.

14 Likes

Bronze tiger

16 Likes

Wow, awesome work! Welcome to the group!!

8 Likes

Love this, I mean I love her look now but this 80s version is pretty cool. You nailed the colors and I like you have her coming through the portal. Very cool!

6 Likes

Lovely work! Love the pose and that is some spectacular muscle and hand work. Also welcome to the group!

7 Likes

That is excellent!! Perfect character for that treatment too!

6 Likes

Nicely done! Even the effect is circa 1987!

7 Likes

Superb! Very strong pose!!

Welcome to the club!!

7 Likes

Why thank you my friend!

6 Likes

Whoa! Coolest Bronze Tiger I’ve ever seen :metal: :dp_flex_mentallo: Great work!

8 Likes

@stefanie.m - You did a really great job capturing Captain Boomerang’s emotions in his facial expressions. He can never have too many boomerangs! (We need a boomerang emoji on this forum… and the more I look at the word boomerang the less it looks like a word).

Love the chibi version too! :heart_eyes: Who’s a cute little supervillain? :rofl:

@JKoco17 - I was hoping someone would draw Nightshade! I really like the colors you chose and the effects you used on the portal. :+1:

@black.ace41.33207 - Welcome to the community! :tiger: Fantastic work - very clean lines and I think the black/white really lends itself to this piece. You have a great eye for detail. Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :fireworks:

8 Likes

:joy: boomerang emoji oh heck yeah. And thanks for the kind words!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone here’s lashina

14 Likes

Beautiful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your poses are super strong!!! And very clean line work, I like that you have like a thicker outline around lashina.

6 Likes