Weekly Art Challenge #54 Submission Thread - July 17 - 31, 2021 - Future State! EXTENDED!

That gets a T

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:
Yeah Bats is probably my favorite of how it turned out.
Didn’t think of the corner box but yeah it could :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

Working on finished pencils(for submissions), so I decided to use this prompt to practice.

Future State Batman:

12 Likes

That looks awesome™:+1:
Nice grapnel pose. And cool grotesque.

5 Likes

Thank you @NYJt3

4 Likes

I’ve only read one Future State issue so far, but loved Katana’s look, so gave that a shot. (And was honestly surprised to see the art wasn’t by Sean Murphy!)

12 Likes

Very nice pose! The perspective on her sword arm is awesome!! Very clean line work and many details! Amazing job!! :+1:

4 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:
Very clean.
Never scene her FS suit before. I agree it looks awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

Great work as usual. That looks like the beginning of a Bat-tastic adventure!

6 Likes

Great figure work. The armor really looks layered on her and the sword has great perspective.

6 Likes

Thank you!! I may ink it as warmups before pencilling a page. I have an idea for some cool inks on it.

5 Likes

This is so dope, and you crushed the color! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

nice :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks bro!!

3 Likes

Thank you all very much! The perspective on this was driving me crazy. (Even with my wife willing to pose for me.) I admittedly did streamline the sword a little bit, because Sumit Kumar’s take was a little too not-a-katana for me, though I love everything else about his style. Didn’t come close to emulating it, but tried to keep her lankiness as best I could. Wanted to try and include her sheath and Duke’s car, too, but ran out of time. Another day perhaps. :wink:

(For those unfamiliar with it, Katana is featured in The Outsiders backup to The Next Batman.)

4 Likes

This is very cool. Love the pose and the “glow” to the bola. Really nice effect. The shading on her armor is really well done, too - gives the highlights a more “metal” shine to them.

That is hellafun. (I like the shake.) Beautiful job on the portraits. Very smooth shading/highlights, even on Shady McBatface.

That’s some really sweet work, as always. Love the detailed contours of his suit/muscles, and the beautiful waft of the cape! The delicate veining and sharp lines to the gargoyle are awesome; kind of gives the impression that Gotham artisans are still carving new gargoyles, and this is not some weathered artifact from a century ago, presumably because villains (and heroes) keep destroying the old ones. This is now my head canon.

5 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

:joy:

4 Likes