Weekly Art Challenge #53 Submission Thread - July 10 - 17, 2021 - Wonder Twins!

Great sense of scale and perspective!

6 Likes

@JKoco17 @DC89 @RobArt471 :bowing_man: Thank you all kindly. I used vanishing points and everything. :face_with_monocle: (Clearly, though, not for the flooring lines, which I now regret…)

4 Likes

I actually got one done mid week this time!! It helped that I got started over the weekend. @JKoco17 we had similar thought processes on how to do this particular prompt. Great minds think alike, right!

10 Likes

Wonder Twin’s Summer Fun!

10 Likes

Fantastic!

4 Likes

Nice work @RobArt471, great figure work as always! How’d you do the background? Is that smeared charcoal? I have a feeling you got your hands dirty with this one.

6 Likes

Hi @DrewWorldOrder and welcome (back)! Your Wonder Twins (and Gleek) look great! Fantastic color!

6 Likes

@stefanie.m - Great work on this one! It reminds me of Batman’s contingency plans and how simple some of them are for a lot of the heroes. :batparrot:

@keath - I really like the colors you used and the detail on the warning sign is an adorable touch. :heart_eyes: Good use of perspective as well (parroting what others have said here).

@RobArt471 - I love the black and white as well as the exploration of their transformations/powers. Awesome job! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@DrewWorldOrder - Welcome back to the community (and way to make a splash re-entry :wink:)! Nice use of colors and incorporation of a summer theme.

7 Likes

Thanks!
You would win that bet. My hands were messy, but not with charcoal. That is ink poured onto a Kleenex and rubbed onto the page. The white lines are from a whiteout pen. Not exactly the effect I was going for, but I was trying to get it done during lunch break today.

6 Likes

Thank you! Admittedly, there was very few references to choose from for them. So, I made them physically fit to explain their stamina. I would think transforming would be exhausting to body and mind. As for the transformations themselves, I figured they have to touch to activate it. It just made sense to me that the transformation would start from the touching spot and work itself outwardly.

5 Likes

@RobArt471 - that is magnificent as always. Hella sexy, but also does a great job of making them look alien. Love the ink rub effect, too!

@DrewWorldOrder - and to complement hella sexy, we have hella cute!! This is adorable and so well done. I would get up early on Saturdays to watch this cartoon!

6 Likes

Thanks!! I observed my wife working out and applied it to Jayna a little bit. :grin:

PS:
I am a lucky dude.

5 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

This is an amazing piece! So dope!

6 Likes

Simply really awesome! classic :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Amazing!

3 Likes

Love the coloring and highlights in all the right places, legit :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Thanks! :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you @Shayera.Hol - I’m glad someone caught it, given how awkward it ended up. :smiley:

Thanks, @SGTSUGAR !!

5 Likes

@JKoco17
Very Awesome™:+1:
Great details. Definitely a cool concept.

@stefanie.m
Looks Awesome™:+1:
Very tragic scene going on there. Nice.

@keath
Simple but awesome™:+1:
Great concept. Poor Zan :sweat_smile:

@RobArt471
Very awesome™:+1:
Figures are great. Nice with the transformation effect.

@DrewWorldOrder
Awesome™:+1:
Great concept and colors.

4 Likes