Weekly Art Challenge #53 Submission Thread - July 10 - 17, 2021 - Wonder Twins!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is the Wonder Twins (and Gleek)!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: July 17, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.

@DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

10 Likes

Here’s Jayna, mid-transformation to a gorilla.

15 Likes

Nice work, @JKoco17! I really like how you illustrated her powers here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :gorilla:

10 Likes

Wow, nicely done!!

9 Likes

Dude very cool concept and execution. Really good work on the shading bits like her hair and her belt, and the hair on the monkey side as well!

7 Likes

Thanks @Shayera.Hol, @RobArt471 and @stefanie.m ! I’m not sure if their powers were ever presented this way, but I figured it would make a cool visual (and probably a cool animated gif too), so I thought I’d give it a try.

11 Likes

Agreed, that’s a brilliant idea. I think we usually just see her as Jayna one panel, then a gorilla the next, but this is great! It focuses the attention on the power emanating from their connection, rather than a Beast Boy like transformation from “within”.

Plus… gorilla butt. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

:rofl:

But seconding everything said! Very cool to see her mid-transformation for a change. Great work with the hair, too (uggggh, hair! so many details. and highlights. and ugggh. you ahve more patience than me!)

9 Likes

11 Likes

Thanks @keath! Y’know, I was thinking about making that bottom left corner a ‘Jayna’ circle, but then thought she wouldn’t be as thick back there as a gorilla butt, so I left it out :laughing:

8 Likes

Thanks CP! That Jayna really does have a very cool haircut!

7 Likes

Nice work @stefanie.m! I should probably know this, but what’s the reference on this one? Who’s holding Zan back?

7 Likes

No idea :woman_shrugging:, I didn’t use a reference this time and im not familiar with wonder twins villians so I suppose anyone you want it to be? Lol and thanks.

6 Likes

This is awesome! Such a fun idea! Completely depower them with basic restraint. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Kept it simple this week…

12 Likes

Simple…lol this is perfect and funny. Their expressions are spot on and gleek is adorable. Plus like the background behind panda looks like another hallway great depth or is it perspective? Regardless another stellar piece.

5 Likes

Hehe, thank you.

Yes, the perspective is supposed to be a side hallway, like Jayna is coming around the corner to discover the scene. I tried to color the far wall darker to make it more clear, like light hitting at a different angle, but with the marker streaks it gets all muddled. (Might be a good candidate to try to learn digital coloring…)

5 Likes

Excellent job with no reference! For some reason my mind went to it was their mom. “No activating until the chores are done!”

4 Likes

Nicely done! The perspective is fantastic!

4 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart: OMG- love this @keath!

7 Likes