Weekly Art Challenge #52 Submission Thread - July 3 - 10, 2021 - Jack Kirby's Fourth World

Dope, :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

I love this, legit :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Spectacular! Love the energy effect you got going on!

3 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:
Looks straight form the pages of New Gods. Especially the energy effects.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @SGTSUGAR and @RobArt471! I think the Fear Machine is the best part of this, but Desaad took a turn for the worse at some point. If I have time, I may try and go back and fix it up a bit.

4 Likes

Wonderful work captain! That crackle effect is pretty spot on :+1: I like that you gave us his face and his expression.

3 Likes

Reference: combo of the 2 pics

@RobArt471 graciously helped me with that dang loin cloth! (Thanks!!)

9 Likes

Awesome™:+1: Mad Harriet (hope that’s spelt right and is the right name (not the best fury knowledge :sweat_smile:))

Great posing and the cloths came out great.

3 Likes

This came out amazingly!!! Love that crazed expression, so perfect! The loin cloth turned out spectacular too!!
You’re very welcome! You have been there for me to bounce ideas off of when I needed it and I enjoy helping out friends anytime!! Just hit me up!

3 Likes

You nailed it! I really love her design and expression. Thank you!

Your sketch really helped and just the concept of gravity, I never would of thought about it.
Thanks shes definitely living up to her name with that expression. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Our first Female Fury! Apokolips is being well represented this week!
Looks great Stef!

4 Likes

:fire: :fire:

3 Likes

These are all amazing so far!

@ImpulseMaxMercury – magnificent job adjusting the layout of a classic to fit your design! Love your homage for both Orion and Darkseid! Those rocks are amazingly well done, too! Magnificent work echoing Kriby’s style!

@stefanie.m – I love this! So cute to see Forager caring for Bats in his time of need. The hand pat is so subtle but perfectly executed, too! :smiley: (I’m doing Forager as well, but in a completely different style/context - he’s the best.) Oooh, and I love your Mad Harriet!! That’s so cool! Great job with the fabric, and nice double-whammy this week!

@Aztek - Nicely done! I love the scowl and the way you echoed the CGI texture with pencil/pen. (Took me a moment to realize what your signature was - thought you had a tiny insect harassing Darkseid, which is my new favorite headcanon.)

@Goldk - This is perfect - very nicely done. The left leg works nicely, as you pivoted and reshaped the foot to work as his leg, and it adds more dynamic action to the frame of him with … whomever he’s punching in the reference … left out.

@NYJt3 - Oooooooh, now that’s ominously magnificent. I love the transparent glow of the omega. I think I need to go die for Darkseid now.

@JKoco17 – Very nice Desaad! I love that you gave him a more “active” pose than the original, like the lever takes a bit of effort. Also love the Kirby “power waves” - I’m trying to capture something similar.

6 Likes

:joy::joy:

4 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

I saw Damian doing like a flippant hand wave at Jon so I wanted to try something similar. :grin:

Yay! :partying_face:

Thank you @JKoco17 furies rock.

4 Likes

I feel like I can picture the exact panel, but can’t find it now. Something from Lil Gotham?

4 Likes

Hahaha it fits him perfectly. And I guess it wasn’t Jon it was rora, challenge of the super sons

4 Likes

Thanks for also noticing how I adjusted the layout from the original. I am no Jack Kirby so I adjusted my focus just to the two characters only. I am glad the rocks showed through as I worry most about their realism

5 Likes